40 down, 60 to go!

Options
So, January 2011 I saw these picture of myself (I am on the right)on facebook, IMMEDIATELY untagged myself, and cried myself to sleep. I honestly can't even believe I am posting these....I never let anybody ever take full body pictures of me!

Me.jpg (287 lbs)
164038_10100199188047451_10030568_57581458_6847906_n.jpg (287 lbs)

I couldn't believe I had let myself get so unhealthy. I decided to go vegan, for health and ethical reasons, and I am down 43 pounds so far! I just took this. Please excuse the embarrassing fruit pajama pants, hehe!

IMAG0009.jpg (247 lbs)
249423_2107820453931_1198141970_32535055_5880583_n.jpg (247lbs)

Sometimes, living with myself everyday, I get frustrated and feel like I'm not making enough of a change physically and don't look any different. These pictures make me feel a lot better though!

I have decided to remain completely dedicated and choose healthy food in hopes to lose 60 more by the end of this year!

Replies

• CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good!! CONGRATS!
  • Christina269
    Christina269 Posts: 110
    Options
    Your face -- looks like a whole different person!! Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    ok first off wtg!!!! I know how you feel i went on WW when i was 21 after seeing pics of a vaca me and my tiny friends took lol I lost 80 pounds but yet still felt like the fat friend and felt like i was not making much progress. Now i am at my heaviest due to having my 2nd child meds me being bad and my dad passing away u give me inspiration i have not lost anything yet but looking at your pics are so inspiring be happy you are doing it and look fantastic!!!!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Your face -- looks like a whole different person!! Congrats and keep up the good work!

i so agree your face is so thin!
  • SomeVegansAreChubby
    SomeVegansAreChubby Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! :)

(sorry the pictures weren't showing up automatically...I'm not sure how to do that..haha)
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    This is so great!
    You are a great inspiration for me on my first day here!
    Congrats to you!
  • SomeVegansAreChubby
    Options
    ok first off wtg!!!! I know how you feel i went on WW when i was 21 after seeing pics of a vaca me and my tiny friends took lol I lost 80 pounds but yet still felt like the fat friend and felt like i was not making much progress. Now i am at my heaviest due to having my 2nd child meds me being bad and my dad passing away u give me inspiration i have not lost anything yet but looking at your pics are so inspiring be happy you are doing it and look fantastic!!!!

I am sorry to hear about your dad passing away. I am sure you can do it though! :)
  • SomeVegansAreChubby
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • TwinMamma09
    TwinMamma09 Posts: 140
    Options
    Nice job! You look amazing!!!

I totally agree though. I need pictures to really show me my progress. Keep up the good work!!!
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You my dear are an inspiration! GOOD JOB! You look amazing!
  • MissYatta
    MissYatta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've had that untagging moment. You look wonderful. Good job!
  • alain0207
    alain0207 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one doing the untagging thing. Can I say that even with the weight you have a very beautiful face. You look wonderful!
  • SomeVegansAreChubby
    Options
    I thought I was the only one doing the untagging thing. Can I say that even with the weight you have a very beautiful face. You look wonderful!

Yeahhh, I even set it so other people can't see the pictures I am in tagged in, haha. I can't wait for the day when I am comfortable enough to disable that.

Thank you so much for the compliment! It really made my night. :)
  • WhyW8
    WhyW8 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    great work - keep it up! I can't believe the difference, you really do look like a totally different person. A much happier one too! :)
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look much happier!
  • chelraeb
    chelraeb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, congrats!
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good!! Keep up the great work!
  • Calidiva3j
    Options
    Way to go! You're doing such an amazing job, keep it up!!!
  • SomeVegansAreChubby
    Options
    Thanks guys! I never thought I would be an inspiration to anybody when it comes to weight loss. Believe me...if I can do it, anybody can. Haha. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!