Humblebrag complain

Okohme
Okohme Posts: 152 Member
So, I thought maybe here would be the place I could get away with this sort of thing. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being smaller, healthier, fitter, etc. But I've bought and re-bought my exercise clothes 4 times in the last year or so. 4 times. Even buying discounted Walmart exercise clothes that's a pretty penny since I need at least two changes because I work out every day and stuff has to be washed. I'm certain I'm not alone in this. I've tried taking a few things in but I'm honestly not a great seamstress so it only works so well.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    Try the thrift stores. Lots of workout clothes, not much $$$.
  • Okohme
    Try the thrift stores. Lots of workout clothes, not much $$$.

I go when I can but the good ones are a bit of a drive and taking care of a 16 month old full time makes it mighty hard to try on clothes. Guess I should do that, though, try to find some nicer clothes as I actually get closer to being in shape. Nice stuff seems to be really pricey.

Dress pants. What a pain in the butt. I've been trolling the consignment stores trying to keep my $$$ output lower until I hit goal weight. Ugh.

Ugh. Two months ago I bought myself three dresses at the thrift store because I was feeling all positive about myself. In that time I haven't even worn the third and now they're a little baggy. Ooops.
  • freewayjam
    freewayjam Posts: 1 Member
    This post is so timely for me! I was just complaining to my buddy about how I'm in between sizes and NOTHING fits well. I'm a 6'0 lady, so it was already somewhat hard to find clothes at my previous size (and I'm a person who haaaaaates clothes shopping). But now I'm in between sizes and everything is either way baggy or still just a little too tight. It's getting into serious danger zone with work-out clothes and my pants having a tendency to fall off me. This all is bumming me out, but for the meantime, I'm trying to focus on other awesome stuff, like achievements at the gym or tracking consistently.
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    I wore only super baggy clothes while I was losing weight, it probably looked pretty silly sometimes but whatever. Workout clothes I just use old T-Shirts and compression pants so there was only one change involved (tops I never had to change because I don't really gain weight there).
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    I waited and waited to buy new things and I finally went to get some new pieces, as I am now a tight version of the size I will likely settle at ... and I couldn't find anything I liked. All the clothes were drab colors, frumpy styles and didn't show off my hard work. I was majorly bummed! So I'm still wearing my very outdated and moth eaten clothes from years ago when I was around the weight I am now. I thought losing weight would make it easier to find something to wear.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Bras. I wear a small band with a relatively larger cup. I thought I was finally done and bought all new bras and dropped more body fat.

The cups on my new bras are all big now.

I've spent more money on bras on my way down the scale than anything else, and I've worn them seriously past when I should have.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Bras. I wear a small band with a relatively larger cup. I thought I was finally done and bought all new bras and dropped more body fat.

I've spent more money on bras on my way down the scale than anything else, and I've worn them seriously past when I should have.

OMG this is my problem! I have worn the same bras through a loss of 115lbs (I used extenders at the top end) but now, I just cant get away with it as I do not fill the cups anymore. I hate to think of how much this is gonna cost, as I am a fairly big cup (at least, I always have been). I dread this chore.
  • Okohme

I don't think my boobs have changed that much but I've been nursing for 16 months. I'm scared to see what's gonna happen to them when the lad is weaned. :o
  • Okohme
    On another note, who are these women who love shopping for clothes? Literally everyone I have talked to hates it.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Okohme wrote: »
    On another note, who are these women who love shopping for clothes? Literally everyone I have talked to hates it.

it's my mother. it's all her.

giphy.gif
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    edited October 2016
    Thank you for this thread!!! I have one.

I love being being a size I've never been in my adult life. I'm thrilled! And proud! I'm also so frustrated. What is with it with small clothes?

I'm at my goal weight of 120 lbs (5' 3") I'm a perfect size 2 US but I still have daily fluctuations of 2lbs up or down from salt or alcohol or peeing 2x in the night. At 122 lbs I can't get the 2s to button. At 118.5 lbs I can step out of them without undoing the button. WTH.

When I started I had to gain/lose 15lb before a clothing size shifted so daily fluctuations weren't even noticeable. Now I have 4, 3, 2, 1, 1/2, and 0 in my closet and have to choose my jeans each morning by what I weigh that day.

Also? How is 1/2 even a size? Is that "half" or is that "1-maybe-2" ? They fit like my 1s
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    I got some great advice on another thread to buy yoga pants with pockets that look more like slacks. Found some at an Limited Express for their special outlet price of $15.. they look great and stretch smaller as you need. I have black.. going tomorrow to get the gray.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member

it's my mother. it's all her.

giphy.gif

And me. I love shopping and I love clothes!!! I refuse to buy new ones til I lose all the weight but luckily I have my old smaller clothes to wear on my way down in sizes. They aren't new but they are cute.
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    I enjoy clothes shopping when im in the right mood / store / am not shopping for mufuckn PANTS!!! its the pants that ruin EVERYTHING. im short, no hips, thick thighs, weird potbelly and the way pants are cut these days , not one pair i can find will fit me right in every spot at simultaneously. It's truly infuriating. To add to the relevance of this post, after 5, yes FIVE YEARS of not bei ng able to find a pair of pants that fit at a store, i finally found 2 back in may. Then summer happened and i did not wear the pants bc it was too hot out...now that its pants weather again, GUESS WHAT DOESNT FIT bc i lost 20 lbs in the interim. I giveth up.
  • Okohme
    I enjoy clothes shopping when im in the right mood / store / am not shopping for mufuckn PANTS!!! its the pants that ruin EVERYTHING. im short, no hips, thick thighs, weird potbelly and the way pants are cut these days , not one pair i can find will fit me right in every spot at simultaneously. It's truly infuriating. To add to the relevance of this post, after 5, yes FIVE YEARS of not bei ng able to find a pair of pants that fit at a store, i finally found 2 back in may. Then summer happened and i did not wear the pants bc it was too hot out...now that its pants weather again, GUESS WHAT DOESNT FIT bc i lost 20 lbs in the interim. I giveth up.

I am also shaped weird. I bought some pants at Costco because I was all happy that I could buy and wear a size small. Pants are a little baggy in the waist (okay, great, but makes it hard to keep them on), fit okay in the thighs, are tight in the CALF....... le sigh....
  • Okohme
    Thank you for this thread!!! I have one.

I love being being a size I've never been in my adult life. I'm thrilled! And proud! I'm also so frustrated. What is with it with small clothes?

I'm at my goal weight of 120 lbs (5' 3") I'm a perfect size 2 US but I still have daily fluctuations of 2lbs up or down from salt or alcohol or peeing 2x in the night. At 122 lbs I can't get the 2s to button. At 118.5 lbs I can step out of them without undoing the button. WTH.

When I started I had to gain/lose 15lb before a clothing size shifted so daily fluctuations weren't even noticeable. Now I have 4, 3, 2, 1, 1/2, and 0 in my closet and have to choose my jeans each morning by what I weigh that day.

Also? How is 1/2 even a size? Is that "half" or is that "1-maybe-2" ? They fit like my 1s

Man. That sounds like a PITA.
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    Re fitting pants - fit the widest part of you and then get the other bits taken in. It's not a very expensive alteration since it's pretty easy to do. Even at maintenance I still have to buy for my waist and then have the hips taken in or I have extra fabric flapping around and looking wrinkly. When you're changing sizes frequently you might not want to do it and to stick with lots of spandex, but once you I got to a stable point I found it definitely worth the $$, at least for dress pants. Better to have 1 pair that fits well than 2 or 3 that don't!
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    I've gone down 5 sizes. At each size I leaned to buy fewer clothes since there were things I bought then didn't wear before they no longer fit. So at my current size I have only a few things to wear--crucial stuff. My night clothes haven't been replaced in 3 sizes and I'm going to need to deal with bras soon since I am sporting the incredible shrinking boobs. But really--THIS IS ALL A GOOD THING FOLKS--WE ARE SMALLER NOW--YAY!
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Man. That sounds like a PITA.

Thank you for saying. It really really is. I don't feel like I can talk about it because I can just picture all the eye rolls. I want to ask my coworker that has always been this size if this is normal or if it might settle as I go, but it's an awkward conversation to start. It might explain why she wears so many dresses.

The plus side is gaining weight won't creep up on me. If I put the pounds back on I will know it immediately as I'll have to put the new jeans away, not like before when I could pretend it wasn't happening.

The other plus side is 4 months into maintenance and I'm still giddy every day. I'm a size 2!!!

5 days a week I'm a size 2. The other days I could be a 4,3,1, 1/2, or 0. I have quite the system set up with photos tagged on my phone with each pairs corresponding weight.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!