I just want to be "overweight" by 40

Options
Hi all. My name is Thadd and I am from Ohio. I am 38 years old and my 63 year old dad had a heart attack recently and quadruple bypass. I almost lost him and that terrified me. At 38 years old, 5-6 and 320 pounds I am on a collision course for my own heart attack. I joined Planet Fitness and am in my 4th week with doing that and about 2 weeks on this app. I am what clinicians call "obese" -- so my goal is to just be "overweight" when I turn 40 in just under 2 years.

Replies

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I love that you're giving yourself the time to do this the right way. I wish you the best and really have no doubt that you can do this.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    You could, if you wanted, be normal weight by then easily. I lost 115 lbs my first 420 days using MFP. Granted, that's a lot, but it happens all the time if you are consistent with your logging and exercise. 2 years should be enough time to be a normal BMI easily. What I'd do is set yourself goals along the way like I did. I started at 305, my first goal was 225. Second was 200, third and final was 190. Since I hit maintenance at day 420 I've even lost 10 more pounds eating at maintenance and recomp. You can do this, just don't give up. It's worth it.
  • crawforgarten
    crawforgarten Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the party thadd!
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey man, im 30 and started at 360 lbs 154 days ago and i have lost 54 pounds since then. Feel free to add me for help/support, your only 15 pounds from where i am now.
  • lizardlipsagain
    lizardlipsagain Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey Thadd, welcome to the MFP family. It seems your on the right track. Hope your dad is doing well.