Long way to go... hard to stay on track

I have 103.6 lbs to go til I hit my goal and I don't think I'm ever going to hit it. I lost 30 lbs last year and gained back half of it. I've recommitted to the process and I'm looking for people with similar goals who can help or need help with motivation . I can do this! I HAVE TO DO THIS!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    You can do this! Have read any of the stickies at the top of these boards? Like this one?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,267 Member
    You can do this!!! Just stick to eating healthy and measuring everything while getting some exercise. Don't try to do everything at once, little changes here and there will make a huge difference. give yourself one mini goal per week and accomplish that. You'll feel like you've done a world of difference after just a few weeks. you can do this!!!!
  • ChristineO508
    ChristineO508 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in a similar spot. I have a long way to go and I keep having just a bit of foods I shouldn't be eating. But I'm doing it daily and just maintaining. I'm happy to not be gaining, but the scale is not moving. We can do it.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Yes you ladies you can do this, get a mutual supportive group of friends in here and take one day at a time, it's not quick but you don't want to lose quick, find switches for high cal foods you can swap for similar foods that are low calorie, but st a time day by day. Good luck
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    When I started out, I had a long way to go (94 lbs). What helped me is to focus on smaller, easier to manage goals. I decided on 10% weight loss and every 10% to readjust my goal to a new, now lower 10% goal. Losing 94 lbs seemed impossible, but losing 23 lbs seemed doable.

I'm now 10 lbs away from my goal weight of 145 lbs.

You can do it. It won't be quick (which is why I think many people fail or give up) but the time is going to pass anyways, so you can spending working towards your goals or not.

Good luck.
  • melodydee66
    melodydee66 Posts: 115 Member
    You can do this! When I started (just in March), I needed to lose 109 lbs. Now I only have 47 lbs more to go! I've lost 62 lbs and am more than half way there. It was so difficult at first and so overwhelming that I thought I'd never get even close. I'd tried more than once and failed more times than I can count. This time, I'm pushing through on pure will power alone as I will NOT go back to where I was. That being said, I'm being realistic. I'm having small treats, I'm letting myself have moments where I break down, get sick and don't exercises. This is a journey, NOT a race! I'm changing my mindset and have found that is the most important thing you can do. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need help, motivation and support. I'd love to see everyone accomplish their goals and be what they want to be! :) I was at that same point in March... I HAD to do this. And I'm doing it! :p
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    edited October 2016
    Think of it this way, you have 10 lbs. to lose. Ten times, but only work on 10 pounds a time. Work on enough water one day at a time. Work on adding a healthy food choice, one day at time. I promise you..... your mind can take you where your body needs to go. You can do this. I am always blathering on here about young people taking control of their bodies while young so that you do not end up 52 with very deep regret about precious time being lost smothering inside an unhealthy body. Believe you can.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Question for OP:

What can you do differently than you didn't do last time?
    How are you going to lose the weight?
    Outline a plan of action and see if you can get proper feedback. ;)
  • lenhill04
    lenhill04 Posts: 56 Member
    I feel your 'pain'. I lost 90 pounds last year, then had health problems, got put on steroids for 6 weeks and gained it all back. So now I've got to get motivated to lose it all again. Need to lose about 120 pounds! Seems so daunting.
  • mfp_nicole_2017
    mfp_nicole_2017 Posts: 10 Member
    I have lost about 110 lbs since March of 2015. I actually hit a plateau this summer, and now I am maintaining. I would like to lose more, but it is very hard to keep restricting your diet. I think you should try to talk to a dietician, that is what I did when I started dieting. They can help you set up a meal plan and calorie budget that fits you. It takes a lot of time and patience to lose weight, but it is worth it in the end. I have gotten to my initial goal, and it is a daily struggle to avoid the temptations of foods I once ate all the time. Just remember it is for your health. I think anyone can do it if they put their mind to it!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    You can all do this. Please be patient it does not happen overnight you need to keep at it make small changes that you can maintain for a lifetime. Good luck