Plateau after losing 10 pounds

Options
I lost 10 pounds and now I plateaued (a lot of vowels there). Burning calories in the gym doing cardio. Now I'm introducing weight lifting, to see what happens. Any suggestions?

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food and track accurately using MFP?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you have plateaued? Have you lost any weight in the past 3 weeks?
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone isn't counting their calories... or needs to recalculate them due to the change in weight.
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Do measurements instead of the scale... if ur measurements are going down you are headed in the right direction no matter what that scale says
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you lost weight? How quickly did you lose the 10? Are you being as careful about measuring and logging your food as you were when you lost it? How much weight do you have to lose? (When you are at or near a healthy weight, it is harder to lose. The last 5 or 10 can be a problem.)

Sometimes it's just a matter of being patient. After a week or two your weight loss may resume, if you truly are eating fewer calories than you are using.
  • aaroncushionpt
    aaroncushionpt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Gooch - How long have you been at your current weight? You may just need to re-calculate your calorie intake now that your bodyweight is lower. Though I wouldn't do so unless you've been stuck at a certain BW for a particular amount of time. If you need any help, feel free to ping me a message.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    A plateau is a period of a month without weight loss. Have you been diligent to count your calories accurately for a month, diligent to count your exercise accurately for a month, certain that you've spent a month accumulating a calorie deficit? I've been doing all those things since January and even as recent months have shown a slowing of weight loss, I'm still losing weight. I track my net calories each day, using my growing calorie deficit to predict what I should weigh. I compare that number to my actual weight each day and calculate the percentage difference. Usually, my actual weight is within 1% of what my predicted weight is. If indeed you go a month without losing weight, I'm willing to assert that your accumulated calorie deficit in that month is less than 1% of your body weight. You are either deliberately or negligently failing to be accurate in your food and exercise logging.