Macro's or "Counting points" and fast Weight Loss

Options
If been hearing a lot about macros or counting your points for each meal or snack you eat. How does that work? Another thing, I'm trying to lose 40 pounds in 2 months, I know that's not a good goal and its way too fast, but I am overweight so this is much healthier then staying at the weight I am in. I'm in my 250's. How much calories should I eat? Is there a certain time I should eat or do I just stay in my calorie deficit and eat whenever?

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    skhader90 wrote: »
    If been hearing a lot about macros or counting your points for each meal or snack you eat. How does that work? Another thing, I'm trying to lose 40 pounds in 2 months, I know that's not a good goal and its way too fast, but I am overweight so this is much healthier then staying at the weight I am in. I'm in my 250's. How much calories should I eat? Is there a certain time I should eat or do I just stay in my calorie deficit and eat whenever?

1) Set up myfitnesspal with your current weight, select your weight loss goal
    2)Weigh and log everything you eat and stick to your calorie goal
    3)40lbs in 2 months is too fast, 2lbs per week is the upper limit
    4)When you eat does not matter at all
    5)What you eat does not matter as long as your calories are under your goal
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Do not aim for more than two pounds a week unless under doctor supervision. Count calories first, then when you have that down look into macros and see what ratio works best for you. Meal timing, for the most part, is personal preference.
  • aaroncushionpt
    aaroncushionpt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How does it work?

Counting macros is counting protein, carbs, fat numbers - The number should add up to equal your calorie goal.

How much calories should I eat?

I'd suggest you follow the MFP recommendation and adjust it as and when it's needed.

Is there a certain time I should eat or do I just stay in my calorie deficit and eat whenever?

Eat when you like to eat. As long as you're consistently in a calorie deficit, your weight will decrease.

Let me know if you need any help.