Lady problems :(

Options
So...here's some major TMI but I need an opinion from anyone that might have had this problem or something similar.

I skipped a period last month and haven't had one since May 25th. I've been on constant birth control (low dose pills) for about 3 years. I have always been regular (every 4th Wednesday it would come), but this time I spotted for an hour and it stopped.

I've taken 6 pregnancy tests since then and all are coming back negative. My gynocologist also gave me one that came back negative. I was taken off birth control since it was believed that it may be causing some migraine problems that I have. Well, I've gone off birth control in the past and when I did, my period came within 3-4 days. However, this time I quit the pills on June 29th and it's now July 12th...and still nothing.

I'm going to my general practitioner tomorrow to get checked. I haven't had any severe problems lately other than a rapid weight gain of 5 pounds (stress eating), and all of my blood tests (lipids and TSH) are coming back normal. What could be the problem? I feel all dried up and abnormal. lol

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You mentioned stress eating - sometimes stress can mess with our TOM. Wonder if that may be it?

Hopefully things will get better for you and all is well - good on you for getting checked out. Good luck and let us know how your appt goes.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My period is all whacky too. But I'm having the opposite problem: I'm getting them TWICE a month :( No increase in blood loss though; each period is cut in half, and flow is lighter. Still, this is not what I want, especially during summer because I want to go swimming without a tampon.

I'll be seeing a doctor as well, in a few days...
  • chattychick
    chattychick Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had a UTI last summer that for some reason messed with my periods. Get checked for that
  • angelaclev
    angelaclev Posts: 95
    Options
    i have a problem kinda like the lady above... where she had it twice... well... I NEVER get off of mine... they changed my birth control because it was makig me have it twoce a month because the dose was too low...well now I havent been off of it... it isnt alot just enough to say I am bleeding... not the "birth control" I was looking for.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Stress can also prevent your period from starting....
  • Katie320
    Katie320 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes awhile for your body to readjust to the lack of hormones. When I went off of birth control pills it took me nearly two months to menstruate again. At first I was terrified that I was pregnant, but once I found out I wasn't I just enjoyed the break! Then it took even longer for my cycle to become regular again. If the doctors say that everything is ok, just relax. It will come eventually, even if you don't want it to!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    My brother is an OBGYN and I ask him questions all the time (he has three sisters and gets blasted with lots of questions!!!). Anyway, it could be a lot of things, more exercise, stress, change in diet, to more scary things that it probably isn't. So, my advice would be to be consistent in your diet and exercise for a couple of weeks, try to de-stress as much as possible and see how that goes. Stopping birth control can inhibit your cycle or cause your cycles to be inconsistent. The inconsistency is different for everyone. The inconsistency lasted almost 6 months for me, but it is different for everyone. Talk to your doc about everything you are concerned about it great detail. That's what they are there for. Good luck.
  • Jessica5000
    Options
    If you have been changing birth control pills or going on or off them, that could result in no period. You hormones need time to adjust. Stop taking pregnacy tests unless you have other pregnacy systems, breast soreness, etc. You aren't pregnant. Are you getting married soon or any other BIG stresser coming up, that is also a REAL cause. As long as you have atleast 4 periods a year, it's normal. Don't compare your menstral cycle to what it was, you and your hormones are constantly changing.

How do I know this? I could have wrote your post. And finally saw a female doctor yesterday and she told me this. Male doctors weird me out and I couldn't take to them as I need a woman prespective. I've taken 4 prenacy tests, plus one yesterday. I"m getting married in 10 days. I've been regular for 17 years until 3 months ago and still no period. I've also changed birth control pills 3 times since xmas as this town keeps running out. Ugg small towns.

Hope this helps. Your doctor will help ease your stress.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I was having this conversation with someone on the weekend. She'd just gone off the pill and was trying for a baby and was concerned about her periods. Another woman who was also in the conversation said that she had no period for over a year after she stopped taking the pill when she'd had regular periods throughout the time she'd been on the pill. It's a good idea to go to the doctor but chances are your cycle will sort itself out in it's own time.