REPLACING SUGARY TEMPTING TREATS

Options
So today i started with fitness pal, ate what i regularely eat, and it kills me because all of my favorite foods besides veggies and fruit are high in sugar, and i do love sugary things.
i work in an office, so im constantly on the phones and cant pack crazy complicated lunches
also not a big fan of dairy products
does anyone have any tips or suggestions for foods that are yummy but stil healthy for you
im only supposed to be intaking 1300 cal a day and so far im doubled that!
HELP!

Replies

• greenhydrangea
    greenhydrangea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    do you like nuts? I have been eating almonds, just 5-10 at a time and no more than 25 a day. I'm finding that almonds seem to reduce my sweets craving and reduces my hunger too. wonder if anyone else has that experience,
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Emerald-Calorie-Chocolate-Cocoa-Almonds/dp/B0039VYRLA

Emerald Cocoa dusted almonds in the 100 calorie packs. I eat one pack a day. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Between these, prunes and Dannon Vanilla flavored Greek Yogurt I can survive!!!!
  • promiseskept
    promiseskept Posts: 119
    Options
    There is a kettle corn flavoring to sprinkle on popcorn, the mini rice cakes (100 calories per serving) with chocolate drizzled on them, sugar free fudge bars that are only 40 calories each, and you can always get the chocolate granola bars that are tasy and low calorie.
  • liza27201424
    Options
    thanks for the tip!
    never really ate a whole lot of nuts, i will have to try that :)
  • liza27201424
    Options
    thank you thank you thank you
    love the quick feedback, now i need to go shopping !
  • Kristybalogh
    Options
    I have this struggle as well... I have found that I really enjoy vanilla yogurt with some walnuts topping it! It tastes yummy and give you a little sweet and a little salt:smile: One cup of vanilla yogurt is only 100 calories and usually I only eat a half of a cup:smile:
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    why cant you pack decent lunches? we all get lunch breaks..its the law.

i work third shift, 12 hrs, take care of animals, house, and go to school part time (i go to class not online) and manage to still make the time to work out and fix healthy foods for myself to bring to work.

like tonight..i woke up an hour and half before work..fixed a veggie burger with one piece of whole grain no sugar bread for dinner/breakfast...then fixed quinoa and zucchini (from my garden) to take with me for lunch tonight. and managed to get some carrots and cukes out of the garden and make a roasted beet, roasted sweet potato, cucumber and carrot salad with red wine vinaigrette for a snack. packed some almonds and greek yogurt for breakfast before i go to class right after my night shift.

so saying you dont have time is an excuse..you always have time..just have to find it.

its all down to will power. you got to make yourself not eat sugary bad stuff and eat good stuff..after a while it becomes a habit and easier to do..you've just got to do it!
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    A few of my go to snacks

1. yogurt.. I either eat Dannon Light & Fit (only 80 calories a container and they come in yummy flavors!) or Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt (only 100 cals a cup & 20 g protein and you can add pretty much anything to it - fresh fruits, granola, nuts, berries, brown sugar, etc..)
    2. tea.. especially green tea. I find it curbs my cravings. Great if you have a microwave at work.
    3. Strawberry Sugar-free Jell-O (10 cals a cup!)
    4. Fiber One 90 calorie bars
    5. Fresh Fruits
    6. Protein Bars (a little higher in calories but if you pick the right one it'll last you a while)
    7. Popcorn
    8. Low cal cereals
    9. Reduced Fat Wheat Thins
    10. Mixed Nuts - Almonds & Cashews are good sources of protein and taste good. They're higher in calories though so you can only have a few at at time.
    11. Peanut Butter on pretty much anythingg lol Pretzel Crisps, a slice of toast with grape jelly, etc

Edited to fix a typo.