fit in ten months

Options
Starting to book a trip to Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar and Germany for our 30th anniversary, two of the hotels have very nice pools, not to mention we will be on the Costa Del Sol. I haven't worn a swimming suit in 30 years so now I have ten months to try and fit into one without looking like a fool. Pretty good motivation!

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    first off..who cares what you look like..if you want to enjoy yourself in a bathing suit nothing should stop you. and if that is your only reason to 'get fit' as you say, you've got bigger problems.
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That is great motivation! That trip sounds amazing! I just bought my first swim suit in 8 years, so I hear ya! You can do it!!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    and if that is your only reason to 'get fit' as you say, you've got bigger problems.

Wow...nice support....Perhaps the problems aren't only one sided.

Good luck, and welcome.
  • merlyngrey
    merlyngrey Posts: 34
    Options
    very thoughtful and motivating response, I don't think I'm the one with the bigger problems.
  • carkel88
    carkel88 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow! Way to be positive....not a great supporter I guess! I don't think you have problems I think that is awesome you have the motivation and congratulations!
  • carkel88
    carkel88 Posts: 2
    Options
    W
  • Lexino
    Options
    and if that is your only reason to 'get fit' as you say, you've got bigger problems.

Wow...nice support....Perhaps the problems aren't only one sided.

Good luck, and welcome.

I must say that "nice support" was my first thought as well, I know that wouldn't make me feel very good...
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    first off..who cares what you look like..if you want to enjoy yourself in a bathing suit nothing should stop you. and if that is your only reason to 'get fit' as you say, you've got bigger problems.

lol. rude? but true.
  • Lexino
    Options

lol. rude? but true.

Wow, whats going on in here? How is that true? She never said that was her only reason, just that it's a great motivation, and I guarantee she's not the only one here motivated by wanting to look good in swim suit! Sheesh, where is the support going around here?
  • BigGuy253
    BigGuy253 Posts: 1
    Options
    WTF is up with Xraychick? Seeing how you were about her 15th post tonight perhaps she just ran out of positive things to say to people. You would think people would understand there are multiple reasons people want to lose weight and you just happened to mention one of them.

I just joined and happen to see your comment and her comment and wanted to say Good Job on the 22 pounds. Keep it up.. And not wanting to look like bad in a swimsuit is not a "big problem."
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    That is a great reason for wanting to get into shape & I hope that you succeed. :flowerforyou: But you can also look at it this way, whatever you lose will be better than where you are now. Right? Also, you will never see those people again - so don't worry about trying to look like a fashion model in a bathing suit.
    Don't worry about CERTAIN comments that some people have made on here. MOST MFP members will happily support you in reaching your goal.
  • merlyngrey
    Options
    no it's not my only motivation, I have a wonderful husband, 3 wonderful sons, and 5 1/2 grandchildren that i want to watch grow up. The fit in ten months is just kind of a fun motivater! I guess some people gotta hate.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Many people here have interim goals with rewards. I think this is just like that. I have been wondering if I need to chop up my goal into interim ones. 10 months is enough time to do quite a bit. Good luck.
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    no it's not my only motivation, I have a wonderful husband, 3 wonderful sons, and 5 1/2 grandchildren that i want to watch grow up. The fit in ten months is just kind of a fun motivater! I guess some people gotta hate.

I am just curious how you have 1/2 of a grandchild! hahaha :laugh: :tongue:
  • merlyngrey
    Options
    That is great motivation! That trip sounds amazing! I just bought my first swim suit in 8 years, so I hear ya! You can do it!!
  • merlyngrey
    Options
    Thank You!
  • merlyngrey
    Options
    I am just curious how you have 1/2 of a grandchild! hahaha

We have our 6th grandchild due in Jan/2012 so maybe it's more like 1/3 of a grandchild ;)
  • merlyngrey
    Options
    thanks everyone for the good luck wishes!
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am just curious how you have 1/2 of a grandchild! hahaha

We have our 6th grandchild due in Jan/2012 so maybe it's more like 1/3 of a grandchild ;)

Congrats!! That is sooo exciting!! I love all of your reasons for changing your lifestyle and becoming a healthy version of you! I wish you the best of luck!!
  • merlyngrey
    Options

I am just curious how you have 1/2 of a grandchild! hahaha :laugh: :tongue: