girls only

Options
Hi So am I allowed to blame my over eating today on PMS? How many of you over eat on your PMS

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    not really..but i do crave sweets/chocolate really bad. during that TOM.

if you do over eat..its ok..its ok to splurge every blue moon..if it wasnt, life would be pretty crappy
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    blame it.
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I do and I don't care. I know its coming and I try to compensate before and after. I do still try to eat healthy but if I want chocolate someone better get me some and a foot rub.
  • Kristybalogh
    Options
    LOL started my period today and it was not a great eating or working out day for me... Over ate by about 200 calories ( just had to have a browine that was 400 calories) way to go!! But to me it was worth it today lol... I think its okay to have thoes days sometimes, for me I just have to be careful because it doesnt seem to take long for one bad day to turn into a lot of bad days!
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I am a ravenous monster while PMSing. I try to surround myself with low-calorie snacks in an attempt at damage control.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    no.. lol
    but you can remind yourself that that is why you are craving foods.
    just don't over eat too much. you will regret it.
    just keep telling yourself its all in your head. it's hormonal.. etc.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I say blame it. I eat a lot more during that time.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Blame it. Heck I've been on my period this week too. I didn't go nuts, but I sure wanted to . So yeah, blame it.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    This last time "Aunt Flo" visited, I was CONSTANTLY hungry!! I ended up eating over 2000 cals (my daily goal is 1200) for about 3 or 4 days in a row because I was starving! Most days I think I worked out enough to compensate for it, but it was driving me crazy and I felt like such a porker!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Excuses are for gainers.
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    i blame PMS. whenever i'm pmsing i want to eat everything in sight but as soon as i start my period i don't want to look at food. xD just remember that cravings only last five minutes. if you can get through that it's all in your head after that!
  • rikisue206
    rikisue206 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I personally do not eat more when I am on my period. I am on it now and I have been even more dedicated too stay on track. I have been more tired so my workouts have not been as intense, but I still do my workouts. I think it is personal preference, but remember this should be a life change and not a "diet". Try and stay on track as much as possible for the big pay off. :happy:
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    not only do I over eat but I also feel so drained that I can't even workout some days :(
  • mbrinzer
    mbrinzer Posts: 3
    Options
    i am constantly hungry while i am on! i feel like i cant eat enough! fortunately i have an iud placed so i dont get one anymore! goodluck!!!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Excuses are for gainers.
    YOU have NO idea.
    :bigsmile:
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I agree...it happens to me heaps....eat eat eat....but wait there's more...

I'm going through menopause (yay me) and it's really ok except that I get a small TOM every two weeks or so ...so I don't know WHERE I am....and then a gap of 3 months...ahhhhhhhhhhhh:grumble:

But it's all a balance and it will part soon enough....

Be thankful that you get a TOM and can have CHILDREN!!!

They're the best (children that is...lol)
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

All the very best
    :flowerforyou:
  • Liz_White
    Liz_White Posts: 9
    Options
    Excuses are for gainers.
    :mad:

Pretty sure she said "Girls Only"... kinda rude...
    Anyhow... I think the times when you feel you need to overeat due to hormones, you should remind yourself of why you are doing this to begin with. I know for me one slip turns into a bad day which turns into a bad week... bad month... bad year... etc... which is how I have landed myself with over 100lbs to lose! Keep with the program girl! You can do it!:wink:
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    While we're on the subject of unpleasant lady business, anybody get random days of intense bloating throughout the month?
  • paganstepmomma
    Options
    It totally happens. I try to drink water and wait a bit before I eat something to see how my body feels and if I still want it. Or I have treats in small portions.
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    ♥ I was about to ask almost the same question.... I wondered if most of you add calories to your diary during your TOM.... I just started mine today and this is the first time using MFP during my TOM so I am still getting used to it. I really want to eat everything in my line of sight and I want SUGAR!!!! Ohhh how I want sugar! Make it stop!!!!! ♥