Protein

Options
My daily protein goal according to MFP is 45, my daily food intake is as follows:

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein
Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 4 cup (8 fl oz) 9 0 0 1
Generic - 1 Egg Omlet With Cheese, 1 egg cooked 130 2 10 8
Del Monte - Canned Sliced Peaches, 1/2 cup (124 g) 60 15 0 1
International Delight - Coffee Creamer - French Vanilla - Liquid Singles 90 15 5 0

Lunch
Vegetables - Cauliflower - Steamed, 6 oz 44 5 1 1
Chicken Breast - Grilled Skinless (Usda Standard), 4 oz 186 0 4 35
Rice - Brown, medium-grain, cooked, 1cup 218 46 2 5

Dinner
Vegetables - Cauliflower - Steamed, 6 oz 44 5 1 1
Chicken Breast - Grilled Skinless (Usda Standard), 4 oz 186 0 4 35
Rice - Brown, medium-grain, cooked, 1 cup 218 46 2 5

sometimes I will sub a chicken breast for a turkey burger patty, depending on what veggies are cooked that day sometimes I get mixed veggies, and fruit with my breakfast changes on a daily basis. The only thing that changes my protein intake is the turkey burger patty (about 17 grams) but even at that Im still at around 75grams of protein. is this bad should I lower my protein intake? If so how do I do this without lowering my calorie intake im at around 1,100 - 1,200 a day.

Thanks

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Protein numbers on MFP are very low...I'm trying to get 130-150g of Protein a day, which is like double what they say to have.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    More vegetable proteins, like beans and nuts. You could also add more fruits and vegetables in general. You'd have to eat a bit more, but you could still get up to your calories. I only eat meat twice a week, and I still get up to about 1700 calories every day.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    My macro ratios are 25% fat - 30% carb - 45% protein

The protein surely will not hurt you. Promise :-)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Always try to go way over in protein and fiber! Protein helps your muscles heal and keeps you full and satisfied longer.
  • water_Logged
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I am in Iraq and everything is cooked for us in a cafeteria like setting so very limited to healthy food choices. its either what I eat or french toast, waffles and donuts for breakfast, microwave pizza and other really bad things for lunch and dinner
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I am in Iraq and everything is cooked for us in a cafeteria like setting so very limited to healthy food choices. its either what I eat or french toast, waffles and donuts for breakfast, microwave pizza and other really bad things for lunch and dinner

Ah, well, in that case, I definitely wouldn't worry about the protein.