Danish pastries....give me strength

Options
HUGE oversized costco ones in the office today..and shortbread and muffins....arghhh
Ive taken one for my boyf and wrapped it up..so it looks like ive had one..so if i go up for another it looks greedy right? thats the plan to help me get through the day without one.
Tuesday is my day off training and i struggle big time to stick to 1200...ended up having about 1450...so no way i can have that today...they must be well over 500 cals each.
Wish me luck

Replies

• starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!!! I'm still struggling with this!! I'll wake up in the morning sometimes and CRAVE one and a caramel macchiato from Starbucks!! -.-;;

So now I just avoid Starbucks altogether, and it's been a lot easier (especially on my wallet!!).

Good luck with this!! You'll pull through!! Just stay strong and maybe reach for a healthy snack if you're feeling munch-y -- like almonds or and apple -- or both!!
  • kstw
    kstw Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    An eight inch danish pastry can have OVER 1300 calories...although according to FatSecret.com a seven inch large danish pastry has over 570. If you get the itch to eat one, get a small to medium (but remember it could count as almost a meal for a medium!).

I personally prefer to buy frozen waffles and eat them with Sugar Free syrup for my 'sweet fix' breakfast in the mornings. I buy the nutri-grain version and even purchase the 90 calorie Rice Krispies Treats as a sometimes snack.

Best of luck avoiding those huge Danish pastries!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Even worse than you thought:

Costco Blueberry Muffin Nutrition
    Calories Fat Carbs Protein Sodium
    600 32.1g 71.2g 8.0g 590mg

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/costco/blueberry-muffin/#ixzz1Ry1r4muS

One blueberry muffin from Costco.......600....so not worth it......hope that helps!
  • mcc75
    mcc75 Posts: 72
    Options
    Thanks
    Ive managed to stand next to them, make my porridge and not have them..think i just have to stay away from the kitchen as much as poss today
    Im only 3 weeks in so i am motivated...wouldnt mind if they were small as i would estimate the calories..but seriously these could feed a family of 4..(just one pastry)
    Good luck on staying away from starbucks
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks
    Ive managed to stand next to them, make my porridge and not have them..think i just have to stay away from the kitchen as much as poss today
    Im only 3 weeks in so i am motivated...wouldnt mind if they were small as i would estimate the calories..but seriously these could feed a family of 4..(just one pastry)
    Good luck on staying away from starbucks

LOL Thanks! I'll need it! :wink:
  • kstw
    kstw Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I notice you mention these are at your workplace. You could also try bringing fruit with you to the office, I love blueberries and strawberries as my mid morning or mid afternoon snack. While your coworkers are filling up with empty calories you can have healthy, filling fruits. Just as sweet and better for you!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Good luck
    Stay strong
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • mcc75
    Options
    thanks kstw
    Its a birthday...luckily there are not cakes every day and usually there are small nibble things i can eat and read calories off the baclk..but these are HUGE..prob the 1300 cal ones someone posted about
    Now i know that its easy...NO WAY im having one
    Thanks guys
    I have a few plums for when i need a snack later x
  • ironband
    ironband Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I notice you mention these are at your workplace. You could also try bringing fruit with you to the office, I love blueberries and strawberries as my mid morning or mid afternoon snack. While your coworkers are filling up with empty calories you can have healthy, filling fruits. Just as sweet and better for you!

I've been keeping a stash of granola bars, fruit, and raisins in my drawer for such occasions. Last week someone brought in a leftover pizza from a luncheon and set it in the cube across from me. I grabbed some raisins and that put it out of my mind.
  • mcc75
    Options
    Nice one ironband
    I managed to resist....well i took one...took it home for my bf and i had two very small bites of it...craving satisfied with way less calories than if i'd had it myself....result!!!