124lbs lost so far (Before and After Pic)

Options
I've been reading the posts on here to keep motivated for a while and just wanted to add mine in hopes of motivating someone who is just starting or not sure about trying this app. I have been Obese/Morbidly Obese Since I was 9yrs old. I have lost weight before through crash dieting, but as we've all learned those results are short lived. When I first came across MFP I was binge watching the biggest loser and figured I'd give it a shot, I was nearing my 30th birthday and knew I would have to do something about my weight soon or it would lead to serious medical issues.

When I first started I thought I might lose 20lbs and set what I thought was an impossible goal of 100lbs, to my shock I hit the 100lb mark and just kept going. It's been 14 months since I started and I've lost 124lbs, and want to lose 13 more pounds. If you think you can't do it, or think you have to much weight to lose, don't give up. I never thought I would make it as far as I have, you can do it too if you just believe you can and try.

My routine has been simple enough to follow, each day whenever I eat I enter every calorie I take in. I never obsess over which foods I eat or how many carbs I'm taking in, just how many calories. 3-5 times a week I hit the gym being sure to give myself 2 consecutive rest days to flush water that has been absorbed by the muscle tissue. I did have a rocky 4 months where I wasn't using the MFP and as a result did not lose much weight but never put any on either. Other than not exceeded my calories and exercise the only change I made was drinking more water and adding coconut water to my daily intake to keep hydratedktcxdh5tbdof.png

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!