Back to MFP - new low carb lifestyle

Options
Hi All!

I was on MFP a few years ago - not much success. I've come to realize that inflammation (food sensitivities, etc) are a huge issue for me. I've been low carb (Atkins, LCHF, whatever you want to call it) for a few weeks now and I feel AMAZING. I'd love to add friends who are also doing low carb so I can get feedback, idea share, etc.

Thanks!
Karen

Replies

• felicedee
    felicedee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, just started Keto on October 17th. Day 3 and doing well so far. Any other Keto people on here?
  • lenadstro
    lenadstro Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hello I've been doing Atkins and then switched to Keto for about 3 weeks now and I'm having great success! would love to have all of you add me. let's Inspire each other ! good luck
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm not following a specific diet but I'm on a moderate low carb diet, although have been slipping a bit lately
  • Nupzyo1
    Nupzyo1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone from England. Keto is the way forward! 65% fat, 30% protein, >5% carbs.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I am low carb for health reasons. I just have a very small serving of starchy vegetables like 1/4 sweet potato every once in a while. I am trying to gain weight though, so I eat A LOT of protein and vegetables lol.
  • Abbygal01
    Abbygal01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm also learning about lchf been on a while now would love to add some friends.
  • rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    keto and low carb here .. can you post what you eat in a typical day?
  • CarolCan2016
    CarolCan2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hipbabyhip wrote: »
    Welcome to the low-carb lifestyle. I have been doing the "keto" version of low-carb dieting for about five months. I have experienced significant weight loss and increased fitness. It seemed extreme to everyone around me, so I relied heavily on watching youtube videos to stay motivated. Good luck.
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    I am low carb for health reasons. I just have a very small serving of starchy vegetables like 1/4 sweet potato every once in a while. I am trying to gain weight though, so I eat A LOT of protein and vegetables lol.

• Puppybear1
    Puppybear1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started low carb too. I've lost 14 pounds in 6 days. Please add me. I am working on recipes and would love to swap! :)
  • autumemay
    autumemay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Autume and I too just started the low carb "Keto" life style. Everyday is a challenge. But the results keeps me strong. I've lost 18 pounds since I've started 4 weeks ago. I am now adding more exercising to my routine. Glad to meet all of you fellow low carb eaters.
  • djaustin53
    djaustin53 Posts: 33 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Add me....having issues with adding people. I'm doing Keto
  • nubianQueen02
    nubianQueen02 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I back on MFP for the umpteenth time and I making keto my lifestyle. I would love to have some keto pals to share this journey with. I have approx. 130lbs to let go of.
  • Antonair
    Antonair Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just starting out the Ketogenic diet as of yesterday. I'm less social than most but would appreciate some back a forth sharing of information to learn the best ways to stay in control on this diet.

– Anton
  • Antonair
    Options
    Nupzyo1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone from England. Keto is the way forward! 65% fat, 30% protein, >5% carbs.

Isn't that kind of high for the protein? Are you cutting back on calories too?

– Anton
  • Antonair
    Options
    rinigirl76 wrote: »
    keto and low carb here .. can you post what you eat in a typical day?

Ohh, I have only just started so I couldn't tell you really but you might want to research Shirataki. There noodles which are just pure fiber, so you can get you 30-38g daily — Please research though as I am not 100% sure.

– Anton
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I will be starting my first week of Keto on Monday. From what I've read the first week can be a killer.....lots of water, 1 - 2 tsps lite salt (contains potassium), and magnesium ( I already take that one). Any other helpful hints?
  • cuhparks
    cuhparks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The first week is hard, but once your body converts to fat-burning mode, you will feel great! Make sure not to fear fat! Fat is what will keep you sated. Also, when going into keto, I recommend that you don't worry the first week about anything but carbs. Literally eat whenever you feel like it as your body adjusts, don't worry about calories - once you are fat adapted, all the hunger will subside. Just keep carbs to under 20.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I did all my shopping today, made a couple of things ahead tonight and will make more things tomorrow. I'm also going to be making some fat bombs to put in the freezer in case I need them