vegetables

Options
Hi there, I know that vegetables like peas, sweetcorn, potatoes etc are quite high in calories so you have to weigh and count the calories in them, but what about salad veg like tomatoes , cucumber, etc,
should I add those calories to my daily total??
thanks for any answers

Liz

Replies

• lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I usually do because somedays every calorie counts. Best to just be completely honest with yourself, at least until you really get an understanding of how your calories add up.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I do, but I'm a bit paranoid x3 i dont think you need to though unless you are eating ridiculous amounts~
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I usually do because somedays every calorie counts. Best to just be completely honest with yourself, at least until you really get an understanding of how your calories add up.

♥^^^^ Same. I find its easier for me not to cheat or stray when I add everything to my counter.... This way I am completely honest with myself.♥
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I do, just because they're small calories doesn't mean they don't add up!
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i count every calorie that goes in my mouth, regardless as to what form its in (fruit/veg/salad etc) its the only way to be totally honest with yourself and get a true picture of your calorie in take. good luck x
  • kevadafly
    kevadafly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I always add veg - everything even if it's a taste of something from one of the kids plates!!!
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    If you don't add them, your MFP friends will be all, "OMG you didn't eat any vegetables!" :)

Plus, if you ever want to track fiber or any micronutrients, they really add to the picture there.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Also, it's a good way of tracking your five-a-day (or eight-a-day as some nutritionists are now claiming). :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yes, i always add it. its amazing how few calories most salad stuff has, but like someone else has said, you can also track your 5 a day.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Yes, but less for the calories, more for the MFP accountability, to prove to my friends, but mainly myself, I've got it balanced. Which I currently haven't! Big veg shop on market day...
  • Marsha_S
    Marsha_S Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I log everything, to me it keeps me honest and it's a constant reminder of what I've eaten and the calories I've got left. Every little counts lol.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I log them but I guesstimate how much I'm having rather than actually weighing it
  • eliz139
    eliz139 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for your replies!! I shall keep on counting them as that seems to be what everyone is doing and you have all got great lossess!! well done!!!