My first NSV!!

Options
clrrrr
clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
Soo I have been on MFP since March, doing it seriously since the beginning of june...I have not lost a lot by way of pounds, which has been discouraging, but I have definitely lost inches and gained muscle, so I have been telling myself that the pounds will start coming off soon. Anyways, tonight, I was told that a party I am going to on Saturday will be a sixties/Mad Men themed cocktail party. I have a ton of party dresses, so I didnt want to buy a new one, but I couldnt think of many theme-appropriate options. Then I remembered a dress (a gorgeous one, expensive but I got a great deal on it) that would be perfect--knee-length, full skirt, giant bow in the back, and a retro-ish pattern. The problem was that it that had been living in my closet since high school freshman winter formal, when I was literally pre-pubescent. This dress is a 4, and I usually take an 8. Plus, this is a dress with a true waist, whereas I have a thick waist so I usually go for Empire cuts. I dug it out and...it fits! Well, not perfectly. But it zips! Definitely feeling more successful regarding this process now.

Replies

• enidstewart
    Options
    Good for you. I think this web site is awesome and helps us to get our act together and lose weight.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I totally agree. It gives support from every angle--intra- and interpersonal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!