Critique my food diary, please?

Options
Hello. I'm wondering if someone could look at my food diary and give me some suggestions? I'm;

-staying within calories every day
-doing 30 Day Shred consistently (I'm on day 20 which would be level 2 day 10)
-I drink only water and Crystal Light (and do not count calories for it)
-I never have fast food
-I eat when I'm hungry but try to follow the 3 meals with 2 snacks
-I treat myself with dark chocolate and hardly ever binge
-I like to think that I eat relatively healthy and always try to get fruits and vegetables in my diet.. no meats besides seafood
-I never feel dizzy or tired with my intake (even known I'm sure I'll have someone tell me it's too low)..
-I have lots of energy with no caffeine
-I'm starting to use a treadmill for 20-40 minutes per day.

My weight will go down maybe a pound over the course of a week, and then go back up the second I have close to 1200 calories. I've also found that I maintain at about 1300.. What am I doing wrong? Do I just have a bad metabolism? I'd appreciate any suggestions to help me get a better fat loss.
Thank you!

And if it makes any difference, I'm 5'3-5'4", a teenage female, and 120ish pounds (it varies). My goal is 105 minimum. I gained 15+ pounds of fat after having to stop sports and continuing my previously bad eating habits about a year ago. Since then I have been eating healthy and have become more active, leading to a 10 pound fat loss. I feel better, but I have a small bone structure and did in fact look better at 105. Although, if I get back to 110, I'd still be delighted. I have NO eating disorders, I'm just trying to get back to where I was happier at.

I tried to say everything you would need to know to help me out (thank you sooo much if you can).. but if I left something out, let me know! :smile:

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    It looks really good!

CAN I EAT WITH YOU??? xD
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Hi. I looked over the last few days and noticed that you aren't truely meeting your needs.......you should go by the NEt calories consumed on the little thing that tells you how much you exercise and how many cals are taken in. If you do that it shoud help because it appears you are underfeeding. So if your daily goal of cals is 1200, I am assuming you have a 2# per week weight loss goal. If that is the case and you exercise and burn say 400 cals that makes your net calories consumed 800 which isn't enough. So try to eat 1200 NET. It waill say 1600 consumed but if you exercise and burn 400 it is really this. 1600-400=1200 ?
    Sorry this isn't the most clear explanation but it is. The basic formula
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi. It doesn't look to me like you are eating enough. Try eating your exercise calories back. Also , perhaps you need to do more strength training.
  • tracey19uk
    tracey19uk Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi
    It looks good maybe look at you salt/sodium intake and drink lots of water/fluids. Make sure your eating enough as stated above. Also strength training is supposed to be really good for boosting metabolism and burning calories.

Tracey
  • annisthehag
    Options
    You are about the same height as me and when I was a teenager, I was around 110 - 120 pounds, was very active with track and field sports and ate NO junk food (we never had it in the house). I agree with the previous poster that you aren't meeting your needs especially if you are exercising regularly. Your metabolism might be suffering if you have been eating too few calories for too long (essentially starvation mode). My advice is to make sure you eat your minimum calories per day, plus whatever calories you burn through exercise. It might result in weight gain at first, but once your metabolism stabilizes, it will start going back down.
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ahh, I understand. I'll add more peanut butter and those kinds of things.. well, I'll sure try! Thanks to all the responses. :smile:
  • mrsmcdtobe
    Options
    I agree with the above comments, it definitely looks like you are not eating enough. You probably know that some foods, even though they have a small calorie count, actually help the body to lose weight because it burns more calories using them than they contain. Your body may have gone into 'starvation mode' because there is not enough energy coming in for the amount of exercise you are doing so what you are eating it is storing to give you the energy for your workouts? You eat a lot of fruit which is good but it would be even better if you could eat more veg such as peppers, onions, celery, lettuce, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots etc these are super foods that really help.

You are doing a fantastic job, and I know it sounds weird, but eat more of the right stuff and you will find you start to lose.

Also, protein foods feed the muscle and the more lean muscle mass you have the more fat you will burn : )