Fast weight loss

Options
Has anyone here ever lost 40 pounds in 2 months? If so, what did you eat, what was your start weight, and how many calories? Did you stop eating after a certain time, or is ok as long as your in your calorie deficit? I know fast weight loss isint good, but iv heard if you have 100 pounds or more to lose, then it should be okay. Any tips? My goal is to lose 40 pounds by January 17, today is October 29. Is it possible?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You can expect to lose up to 1% of your total body weight per week, if you do everything right.

Meal timing is not important for weight loss, but can be for adherance to calorie deficit, and adherance to calorie deficit is what creates weight loss.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    To lose 40 pounds in a healthy way and keep it off you need to give yourself at least 5 months, probably more.

What's the rush?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    skhader90 wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever lost 40 pounds in 2 months? If so, what did you eat, what was your start weight, and how many calories? Did you stop eating after a certain time, or is ok as long as your in your calorie deficit? I know fast weight loss isint good, but iv heard if you have 100 pounds or more to lose, then it should be okay. Any tips? My goal is to lose 40 pounds by January 17, today is October 29. Is it possible?

People can lose a lot of weight quickly by following very low calorie diets. No one here is going to recommend that even if you weigh a lot because it is against the community guidelines to do so.
    The highest recommended weight to lose per week is 2 lbs with a 1,000 calorie deficit. You are talking about losing about 5 lbs a week. That is unsustainable and unhealthy weight loss.
    Input your info into MFP and get a calorie goal to lose 2 lbs a week. Eat that amount. If you exercise log it and eat a portion of those calories. Drop the deadline and approach this realistically.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You can expect to lose up to 1% of your total body weight per week, if you do everything right.

Meal timing is not important for weight loss, but can be for adherance to calorie deficit, and adherance to calorie deficit is what creates weight loss.

Does it apply also if you have less to lose like 10 lbs?

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    bfanny wrote: »

Yup.
  • ___sthach
    ___sthach Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is not healthy! And what the scale says isn't the most important thing. Gain some muscle mass while losing weight. I was maintaining 140lbs when I was at the gym 6 times a week. Now, I have dropped to 134 lbs because I'm losing my muscle mass even though I eat even more than I did! Haven't been to the gym in 2 months and I do small workouts at home since I've been busy with school. But do NOT do that to your body. That is not healthy.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    bfanny wrote: »

Yup.

I disagree with the phrase "can expect to..." "Can safely lose" and "can expect to lose" are two very different things.

OP, If you are around 350 lbs, you may be able to lose 40 lbs safely in 2 months. That is accounting for a large water whoosh in the beginning.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is possible.

No, it is not probable, healthy, sustainable or a good idea.

From your small post I would already predict it's not gonna happen. You don't have the "temperament" for the sustained effort and discipline it takes to lose that kind of weight. At best it will be two months of deprivation and misery to reach an unrealistic "goal" as you return to your former eating habits and gain it all back.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    O
    Watch Matt ogus video "nutrition 101" on YouTube it's a great start point! Chances are your an endomorph so your macros should be set around 50 p 20 c 30 f. You have to eat according to body type. Exercise as well, I reccomend bodyspace app, it allows you to follow a bodybuilding.com program and has a daily calendar. The best rule you can live by is ignore the doubters. But be smart and do your research!
    A gallon a day and lots of color on your plate!

Feel free to follow me on instagram @h3althandw3alth I'm no where near perfect but I promise you I'm getting results!

No.
    Weight loss/gain/maintenance is ALL about calories.
    Body morph types have been debunked by science many times, and macro balancing helps with satiety, not weight loss. You do not have to eat according to "body type", you just need to eat less than you burn. Body morphs are proven woo.

Also, 50% p is pretty high. A good place to start is .6g per pound of bodyweight for protien.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You aren't losing 40 lbs in 2 months, you won't even lose half that amount.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you could lose that much weight but if you want to do that in a safe way you will need to be under doctor supervision. If you try to lose large amounts of weight quickly it can damage hair, skin, nails, teeth, metabolism and cause other serious health problems like anemia. Set a realistic goal and consult your doctor.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    CAN you do it? Probably. SHOULD you do it? Absolutely not.
    I've watched person after person get in a big hurry to lose the weight, get their plan, get started, go a while, then fizzle out. Why? Because they've made it too hard for themselves, and they can't sustain that level of effort. Some end up on a cycle of overrestricting and bingeing. Most just give up.
    We all feel impatient to get the weight off from time to time, myself included. But every time I've tried to speed up the process, I've gone backwards.
    Bottom line: it's not worth it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Watch Matt ogus video "nutrition 101" on YouTube it's a great start point! Chances are your an endomorph so your macros should be set around 50 p 20 c 30 f. You have to eat according to body type. Exercise as well, I reccomend bodyspace app, it allows you to follow a bodybuilding.com program and has a daily calendar. The best rule you can live by is ignore the doubters. But be smart and do your research!
    A gallon a day and lots of color on your plate!

Feel free to follow me on instagram @h3althandw3alth I'm no where near perfect but I promise you I'm getting results!

There's so much wrong with this post...