I have no off button

Options
I really never feel full. I heard that it is a common problem in people with Downs Syndrome. I dont have that but it got me thinking in the conversation. I seriously have no full switch. I mean I will feel disgusting after a HUGE binge(buffett :) )...But that is huge!!!. I also consume like 100-120 ounces of water daily and I could drink more if I had too. (I fill 3/ 33 oz bottles and then some glasses also..)

Will I get that sensation after awhile? Is that what thinner people have that I just dont and it will always be an issue.

Replies

• coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I really never feel full. I heard that it is a common problem in people with Downs Syndrome. I dont have that but it got me thinking in the conversation. I seriously have no full switch. I mean I will feel disgusting after a HUGE binge(buffett :) )...But that is huge!!!. I also consume like 100-120 ounces of water daily and I could drink more if I had too. (I fill 3/ 33 oz bottles and then some glasses also..)

Will I get that sensation after awhile? Is that what thinner people have that I just dont and it will always be an issue.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Maybe more protein?
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    My off button is broke too :frown:
  • Dustdevil
    Options
    There's AN OFF BUTTON???? :noway:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    After about 2 months I realized I no longer wanted a lot of food. My eating style has developed into 6 small meals a day. I have to divide my 1200-1600 amongst these meals.

For some reason this has been the 'off' button for me. I sat down today to a bowl of chicken wings. I ate 3 wings, 2 pcs of celery with 1 oz of blue cheese and prob 2 oz french fries. The off button clicked on. I didnt want any more, I didnt eat any more
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    You have to learn to listen to your body.

I know that after years of binging I was really good at not hearing anything my body said!

You do have the off alarm, but you can't hear it right now.

Try checking out books by Geneen Roth to get some more info about it. Your body does send the signals, it is just what you do with them.

Hang in there. You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    My off button is broke too :frown:

Yeah, mine too... But now I measure portions and look at calories. Also, sometimes it helps to wait 20 minutes before getting up for seconds. Maybe your switch still works, but is delayed? Sometimes waiting works for me.