Please help...starting again!!

Options
Hello, my name is Kimberlee and I am 53 yrs. old and am gaining weight and feel terrible about it and feel it physically. I gained aboutt 30 lbs. since I was on here last several yrs. ago. I have to lose 10 lbs. by Christmas as my first, but not last, goal. Please friend me and help keep me motivated. Thank you for reading.

Replies

• michaelbeckenholdt
    Options
    Just remember that its not what you do in the hour of working out, its what you do the other 23!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding to my post. I am having so much trouble and I am trying to refigure all of this out again. I have not been able to work out for a while due to health and pain...but I insist to push myself to go to the gym later this week.
  • michaelbeckenholdt
    Options
    Just be true to the diary and yourself. The only one you are cheating is yourself. As a note, I always change the macro % to have more protein and less carbs. I've lost over 40 since Aug. 1st. You can too.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do this. I've lost wt. before, but that's been a while. I plan on starting tomorrow. A new week and a new beginning. What are your percentages for macro?
  • michaelbeckenholdt
    Options
    Mine is: protein 50%, fat 30%, carbs 20%
    I used to do the Atkins program and have adopted some principles from that. The protein is what I call clean (oven baked fish, chicken and filet mignon, flavored tuna and non starch veggies)
    I suggest lowering the protein to get used to it.
  • blastwvangel
    blastwvangel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I respect your trying to get healthy. I gained a bunch of weight due to some heath issues and letting myself go.