talked myself out of fast food

Options
kariannk
kariannk Posts: 60 Member
i wanted to go so bad and get junk food, but i talked my self out of it and i am very proud of myself. i usually cave in and i didn't. my first nsv. yay me.

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I celebrate every time I talk myself out of it...
  • timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    Options
    Lol well done; for me that was a massive step in the weight loss regime!
  • MB1967
    MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well done, keep it up...
  • proudlioness
    proudlioness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    that is super awesome. This is something I struggle with too. So I completely understand how challenging it can be. Great job. !!!! Keep up the good work. : )
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    This is something i struggle with too, well done you :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Way to go! We have a Wendy's, McD's and KFC a mile from my house that I have to drive by a lot, and I am constantly having to talk myself out of drumsticks and fish filets.. darned fast food!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are sooooo strong! Keep it going. That fast food can be so tempting, but its such rubbish! Doesn't mean we still don't want it but you made the right choice!
  • TanyaDL
    TanyaDL Posts: 54
    Options
    Good job!!!!! I know that's really hard when its a habit...
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful. As we exercise our self control it gets stronger!
  • pannellm
    pannellm Posts: 3
    Options
    YAY!! Congratulations!!! I actually just changed my route I drive to work to avoid the only McDonald's in my town and the evil evil donut shop!! I can now make it to work on time and without about 500 extra calories (or more, lol)!!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Congratulations!!! I actually just changed my route I drive to work to avoid the only McDonald's in my town and the evil evil donut shop!! I can now make it to work on time and without about 500 extra calories (or more, lol)!!

I Love this. I never thought of changing my route. I'm sure there are other avoidance techniques out there.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It's amazing how many calories are in fast food. Not to mention the sodium being crazy. You can about eat all day at home for the same calories as one fast food meal. Congratulations to you! :)
  • Christina269
    Christina269 Posts: 110
    Options
    That's a huge celebration!! Congrats!
  • mpaoce
    mpaoce Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hold onto this victory and remember your strength in this situation the next time you find yourself wanting fast food. You were strong once and you'll be strong again. Great job!
  • dopehat
    dopehat Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's so wonderful! I haven't had fast food in 3 weeks now and that's huge for me! I find that the cravings die down A LOT over time (especially when I'm exercising and feeling healthy). There's nothing better than that proud strong feeling you get when you resist fast food. It's so much more satisfying than the very quick high you get from eating it!
  • fsandra
    fsandra Posts: 3
    Options
    That's great, it's tough!!!! If I give in, I try to at least get something smaller than what I really want!!!!!!
    6041411.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!