Newbie from Ohio

Options
Hi everyone! I am really enjoying this site. I have been using it only for a few days but it seems to be really useful. My husband is in the military and I use to be, but ever since I got out all I have been able to do is gain weight. I will be moving to the Gulf Coast this June as my husband will be getting transferred. I am hoping to be able to lose as much weight as I can before we move. If there are any teams available I would love to join. If anyone could give me some information about how they work that would be great. As of now I am a stay at home mom and would love to get as much support as possible and encouragement and I would also love to give my support and encouragement to others. Thank you and good luck to everyone!

136292.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• ahoskins
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am really enjoying this site. I have been using it only for a few days but it seems to be really useful. My husband is in the military and I use to be, but ever since I got out all I have been able to do is gain weight. I will be moving to the Gulf Coast this June as my husband will be getting transferred. I am hoping to be able to lose as much weight as I can before we move. If there are any teams available I would love to join. If anyone could give me some information about how they work that would be great. As of now I am a stay at home mom and would love to get as much support as possible and encouragement and I would also love to give my support and encouragement to others. Thank you and good luck to everyone!

136292.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • hlg2279
    hlg2279 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also new to this and have been trying it for 5 days now. I also live in Ohio and my husband and I both were in the Air Force years ago. Since then, I have gained weight after I had a stroke 3 years ago and have been diagnosised with diabetes. So far, I have lost a couple pounds and amazed how logging my food and exercise and then seeing the potential lost at the end of the day gives me more encouragement to repeat it the next day. Good Luck
  • tidwelljw
    tidwelljw Posts: 146
    Options
    Welcome....This is a great place to come to and really get some encouragement. The great thing is that everyone on this site has the same goals! You won't have a hard time finding friends on here. There are a couple of new groups. I just joined one the other day. We weigh in on Tuesdays. The name won't really make sense coming from me, but I there are some really good people in there. All you have to do is go to the page that I put at the bottom and say you want to join up. Our "leader" is PunkinHeadsMOMMA, you should really try and talk with her some. She is the one who got the whole thing organized. GOOD LUCK, and hope to hear from you soon.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/37379-sisterhood-of-the-holy-crap-i-fit-into-these-pants
  • Mswonderful4u
    Mswonderful4u Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you! I am originally from Ohio born and raised. So welcome. I will encourage you as much as I can. I just started on this site this week myself. As I learn new things I will chime in. I have joined a fitness challenge at my gym and it is great (hard work). So maybe look into your area. Again as I learn new things and do them maybe you can try at home.

Well Good Luck!!!
  • jessbblonde
    jessbblonde Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ohio too, and we need all the support we can get with this winter wonderland. 10501.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will love it here! Good luck to you all!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love it here, I do. I just wanted to tell you good luck with your weigth loss journey. You can do this.
  • ahoskins
    Options
    Thank you for your words of encouragement. Good luck to you as well!