Not new, but might as well be...

Options
Hey so... I am "back" again after a while away from looking after my health.

It can get so easy to just ... Not.

Anyways I started on here a few years ago with 280 lbs and was able to go down to about 245 lbs. Then I went to college and gained it all back plus more. I ended up at about 350 lbs.

From there I went less courses and more physical work to pay my debt off. So I went from the 350 down to about 290. For the last year I have been stuck between 290-310. I give and take throughout the week. Figure its mostly water weight that is fluctuating. But I honestly dont know.

I dont want to "diet" because i've done it and it does work for about two weeks, then its done. if I do it longer I notice serious health hardships and this causes me even more problems.

So I am looking for a lifestyle change.

I currently walk anywhere between 15,000-25,000 steps with my fitbit, a goal of 20km per day. I take the stair only when I have to since the weight is killing my knees. I dont swim anymore because of lack of time to d so with about 25-35 hours a week working plus school.

Work is physical produce at a grocery store, I do a lot of heavy lifting and walking with said weights. Not just putting out apples but rotating full boxes into the cooler, I'd say close to 100,000 lbs of produce rotated each day I work for about 4-5 hours. So I dont down play it, but I'm obviously not moving around rocks or the like as some labourers are doing.

My intake of food is disgusting, I wont go into detail here, but I know that is the route of the problem. I do try to stock up on the greens and eat less junk but then I binge and well yoy know - I undo everything I had worked for during the day.

Right now I am looking for advice on simple meals to stock up on (with a low budget) and maybe times to eat. Some people say eat lots of small meals, some people say three meals a day, some people say skip breakfast. I dont know, I know what I have been doing hasnt been working for losing more.

My ultimate goal is 220 lbs, I'm 6'2 and I'm 28. Thanks for your help if you give it and I seriously hope you are doing well with your own health if you are giving me advice on mine. :)

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Fit the treats into your calories so you don't feel restricted and the need to binge. I can't see your diary, but be sure you're logging accurately and honestly, and you're hitting your macros so you feel full. If you're loading up on carbs, you will get hungrier faster. Beans go far in stretching dollars, and fit into crockpot recipes, which are great for prepping and cooking ahead of time.
  • cardiacmommy
    cardiacmommy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What are your trigger foods? Mine was sugar and I had to go cold turkey on sweets. I got an addiction app and track my days "clean" from the foods i find addictive.
  • ninergal76
    ninergal76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I prep veggies for the week on Sunday that way they are ready to go no excuse to not eat them.
    My weakness is chips so I try not to have them in the house. If the kids want some I get flavours they eat but that I don't like.
    At night if I feel a snack attack coming I'll put some lemon juice in my water. It seems to help.
    Keep working on it you'll get to your goal :)
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! I was just looking at a thread about people "starting over." Many had lost quite a lot of weight, only to gain some or all of it back, and some gained more than they had lost. I've done it a couple times myself. It's tough.

I would suggest that rather than overhauling your entire eating plan, that you pick one dietary improvement for this week that you can change pretty easily--something that you can absolutely do. Build a pattern of success, so you can trust and believe in yourself.

As you gain confidence, you can make other changes in your eating habits. And maybe think of this as a grand experiment: Some things you try will work, some won't.

Best of luck!