Need buddies. Travel for a living. Need to lose weight.

Options
I'm looking for some buddies to help me. I travel for work with my husband. I need to lose alot of weight.

Replies

• robboughton
    robboughton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

What are you doing so far in your fight against the weight? Are you logging calories now?
  • blastwvangel
    blastwvangel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im logging the foods i eat for a week just to show myself how much I really eat. Im on my 3rd day and I knew I ate some calories but omgsh i didn't think that much.
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It can be so eye-opening to log, right! A few years back I started with a "logging trial" too. I got hooked and stayed on and consistent for 6 months- year and met my weightloss goal. Once I stopped and a few years passed I gained it all back and then some. So I'm back and always looking for people to comment and provide motivation to my posts. Feel free to add me if you find you wanna stick with MFP! Good luck!
  • robboughton
    robboughton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Im logging the foods i eat for a week just to show myself how much I really eat. Im on my 3rd day and I knew I ate some calories but omgsh i didn't think that much.

A great way to start. It makes it easy to see where you can cut down to save calories. It's taken me a few years but I can pretty much go to maintenance without logging/gaining weight while knowing what I can and can't eat and in what portions.
    1st rule of MFP club, don't stop eating your favourite foods, eat them in moderation and within your daily calories.
    2nd rule of MFP club, if you go over calories don't beat yourself up go again the next day. Life happens and you have to enjoy it some days.
  • Mnaminal
    Mnaminal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I travel a good deal for work as well. I try to find places with a mini fridge. Then I hit a grocery store to cover breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Hard boiled eggs, English muffins, lean deli meats, pre-cooked or at least washed & cut veg are all easy enough to keep on hand. When I'm really on top of things I bring portions of nuts and beef jerky from home. Then I just try to be sensible for dinner out somewhere. The trick for me was to stop acting like travel is special. It's just different meal planning.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My diary is open and I love to see others for inspiration as well.