Everybody hounds me about my weight

Options
I am way overweight...about 230 lbs. I've picked up those last 30 in a little over a year. I know that I am fat and it's hurting me, so I am starting this weight loss journey today. I am going to try to keep track of what I eat and what I do for exercise. But I need help starting all of this. Please, I need friends to help me along this journey. I had friends on here years ago, but most are no longer active. Friend me. My name is Kimberlee, 53.

Replies

• kiwiapplepear
    kiwiapplepear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimberlee, friend request coming your way, I am looking to loose around 50-60kgs, I am on day 10 so pretty new, but I love this app. Its great! You can do it, turn all that hurt and pain into sheer determination. once the healthy eating kicks in you wont want to stop. Bless you!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Sending one too. I've been at this a while, started at 248lbs and trying to get those last few off.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your posts and friend requests.
  • Who_Needs_Pants
    Who_Needs_Pants Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Another from me, I have about 100 lbs or so to lose and am back at it!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I'll request you too! I've lost 55 pounds since the beginning of the year, with about another 20 to go. This site is amazing and really works if you put the work in and use the tools they give you. Good luck!!
  • angelinblack8
    angelinblack8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How do I add friends?
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Kimberlee I am Colette...49 yo, been here 72 days and lost 17 lbs so far. I sent a request also.
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Angelinblack8... tap my name in my post...another screen will open up and tap my name again...these instructions are for a smart phone
  • AshSarahP
    AshSarahP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Kimberlee, I am Ashley. Tomorrow will be my 100th day of logging, and I have lost 23 lbs so far. Sending you a friend request! :smile: . Everyone, please feel free to add me - we could all use all the support we can get!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Smokey19 wrote: »
    I am way overweight...about 230 lbs. I've picked up those last 30 in a little over a year. I know that I am fat and it's hurting me, so I am starting this weight loss journey today. I am going to try to keep track of what I eat and what I do for exercise. But I need help starting all of this. Please, I need friends to help me along this journey. I had friends on here years ago, but most are no longer active. Friend me. My name is Kimberlee, 53.

Hi Kimberlee-sent you a friend request. I have about 40 more pounds to go.
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are going through. I salute the step you have taken towards getting healthier. I sent you a friend request. I started this journey back in January and I have lost 133 Lbs and have another 130 to go. I was a whopping 378 Lbs when I started. Lots of people tried to get me to do something about my weight prior to that to no avail. I would not do anything about my horrible situation until I was ready. I am now 245 Lbs and feel much better about myself. You can do that too!
  • Wine_Drinker
    Wine_Drinker Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just restarted today. I used to be on MFP about 2 years ago and lost loads of weight, but I wasn't eating proper food and so I put it all back on. I weigh about the same as you (not had my first weigh in yet) and I've been receiving no end of comments from my family about my weight!
  • aamberrr
    aamberrr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request! I have about 40-50 (give or take) to lose and need more active friends too!