Getting Upset, HELP! :(

Options
I'm still keeping up with eating healthy... & I'm going for my walks & "Mommy-Exercises." (I call them that because I can't get to the gym the way I would like to. So I dance around the house, & so on with my Daughter.)

You see, I'm getting upset because... I feel so off these days. I feel like I'm getting nowhere with all I am doing. I even changed up my routine & STILL feel off. Maybe this is my "BLAHHHH" stage? & I just need to work through it. But I HATE feeling this way.

Does anyone else ever feel this way ??? Or is it just me ??? & do you have any advice to help me get over this feeling ???

Thanks!

*hugs*

Replies

• auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    It's normal. =) You just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other.
  • thordisintho
    thordisintho Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Have you taken your measurements or do you have before pics? Maybe a comparison could help getting you upbeat again :)

Last week was blaahh for me, but I was feeling ill and not eating well. Just push through it and try to realize what you have accomplished so far, it should lift your spirits a bit.

Good luck!
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I went through this a couple of days ago! I had to force myself to exercise and I was getting really frustrated and upset because of it :(
    But I just continued to push through it, I actually lowered my exercise minutes so it didn't seem so bad and I'm now evantually working my way back to the way I used to exercise!
  • OneLostSock
    Options
    Every tiny change you make will add up to the bigger change. Every little thing you do will help you get your goals. If you stick at it, you will see results.

You are being a fantastic role model for your daughter! Best of luck xxxx
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Understand what you mean. No I dont think its just you. I hope you and I both can find a solution to this. Just hang in there as hard as it is to do. I try to stay away from being negative and do something that makes me happy. all i can think of to help. sorry its not the best.
  • MB1967
    MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think we all go through times like this, try and focus on the "good stuff", you`ve done really well so far and it won`t be long before you`re back on form again. kids are a blessing and I often just hang out with mine when I feel a bit down, it works wonders.

Take care.

M.

if you need any more support feel free to add me as a friend.
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way sometimes... I have 2 kids and work full time so it is really hard for me to find time to work out ! ..... I would love to be able to do more but by the time i put the kids to bed and have any free time it's way too late to work out ... plus i already get up way to early to do it first thing so I'm just kindda stuck on what to do ... or should i say when should i do it... but keep your head up things will get better ... just keep your goal in your mind and you'll get there in no time....
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have times like that too. Just keep at it is what I keep telling myself.
  • bkw2488
    bkw2488 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! Just keep in there! Take it one day at a time :o)
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    My girlfriend went through this. She realized it was due to overstress. She was teaching 3 classes a week, doing Turbo Fire, and working her normal job.

Take a week and just chillax. Get back in your groove :)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue the other day. I skipped the workouts for a couple days. I filled it in with fun activities with my kids. We had a water balloon fight in the backyard, played with the dog (that was a lot of running around the yard), and found crazy kid songs on itunes to dance to. I found I got my mind off things and got to enjoy some fun time with the kids. (Plus I got to burn some calories in a different way)
  • librarydieter2010
    Options
    You didn't say how old your daughter was, could it be post partum depression. If not then I would suggest an investment in a good walking/running stroller if she is under 4. They can be gotten cheap at used sport equipment stores or good wills. :flowerforyou: She would love it and you can burn some calories in the sun together which would elevate your vitamin D count and your mood. Even if its raining softly the rain releases positive ions. I guess what I am saying is make sure the blues are not something more serious, then if not get out doors. It will switch things up and you might meet other mommies to walk/run with in the meantime.
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My dear, I must begin by saying, you are absolutely beautiful! And it is inspiring to me how you can find time to work out while caring for little ones!! I make excuses all the time about "not having time" and I don't have kids yet!!

I just wanted to let you know, I went 2 months without losing a pound when I started. I was so discouraged, but I just pushed through and stayed consistent. Eventually, I started to lose weight. Then plateaued. It feels like a constant repeat of that cycle!

Bottom line, you just gotta keep atter! There are bumps, and highs and lows. You might have to change it up a few times, but you just have to stick with it! You can dooooo it!
  • librarydieter2010
    Options
    Oh if she is older and you can afford a swim class for your child, then that worked for me in the long ago past. While my daughter took lessons I would do laps or walk in the pool. Excellent, fun calorie burner.
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Blaah?? As in tired all the time and not feeling better? or Blaah like this is not working as fast as I thought? or perhaps both?

Google Dr Frank Lipman, and look for his Spent diet. It is about renal fatigue, and how the modern diet of processed junk food has caused us to not function correctly.

I started on this diet in March and I felt a difference in less than a week. Basically you are cleaning up the way you eat. No sugar, no alcohol, no caffeine, etc.... I can tell the difference when I eat something I should not. It is easier for me to get out of bed in the mornings, last the whole day with out needing a nap.

I am a busy SAHM of 3 and a full time student.

http://drfrank.projectsjunction.com/book-home/

Good luck!!!
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. Slow and steady wins the race. Your body is changing, sometimes in our eagerness we don't have our eyes open to see it. Or as my Dad loves to say " a watched pot never boils"
  • JavaStar
    JavaStar Posts: 19
    Options
    She is 4 years old. No baby blues here. Just trying to figure out why I feel this way.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I was going to email you, but i see there are a few people having this issue. I'll copy and paste what i wrote on my post.

"Today was my one month reassessment; I lost 4lbs in one month. I have written previous topics about not expecting too much too soon, let things happen naturally, you can’t control how much weight you lose. Stress = resistance of what is. If you don’t lose the weight you expect, some people are resisting reality with what they expected; this will only lead to frustration and possibly giving up. You can only control your actions, what you eat, and when or what you do for exercise.

When I found out I lost 4lbs… I was like “that’s not much, but it’s better than zero, so my weight is going in a positive direction.” I started a resistance training this month also, I am pretty sure that I gained some muscle mass. I posted my 4lbs loss on my wall and how I felt about it. I am pretty experienced in this field, I also have some friends who are also very experienced, they said “what you’re doing with your diet will preserve a lot of muscle mass.” I then remembered I measured my bodyfat 1 month ago exactly, lucky me. I checked my body fat percentage. The results were truly amazing, 2inches from my stomach gone and my body fat dropped 7%. I compared how much muscle I gained to the fat loss, The difference was exactly 4 pounds. The results are so unbelievable when I told my friend’s about it, they where very skeptical, I am still skeptical, math doesn’t lie. I do see some change in body composition but not much. This means that my fat pretty much got replaced by the muscle mass. Some will probably say “well you didn’t get much results because fat is 4 times the volume of muscle.” Yes, and the difference is the results I see. I won’t share my results here because I know people will say “that’s not possible.” As some of you know people who are starting out in resistance training tend to put on more muscle mass than someone who has been doing it for a long time, same goes for weight loss.

. Like I said I am skeptical of my results but I can’t argue with the numbers. If my results are real, this means that you may not be getting much results in terms of “weight loss” but you might be doing amazing things behind the fat that you can’t see happening. If you feel down by your lack of progress, you actually might be making great progress, it’s best to keep track of multiple indicators of fat loss. Such as weight, bodyfat, and inches "

Here is the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/286755-if-you-feel-you-re-not-getting-much-results
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    This is the reason I completely changed the way I eat. I bought the book Clean by Dr. Alejandro Junger, (I read an article about Mariska Hargitay and how she used this book to kick her chocolate addiction) and while I was reading it I came across these questions:

Does it take longer than average to recover from illness?

do you regularly have difficulty getting up in the morning?

Do you feel a sense of ongoing fatigue that is not relieved by a good nights sleep?

Do you feel light-headed when getting up from a lying down position?

Do you have abnormally low blood pressure?

Do you have extreme sensitivity to cold or tend to feel cold when others are not?

Do you feel chronic anxiety or panic attacks?

Do you have periods of depression or frequent crying moments?

Do you bruise easily?

If you answer yes to 2 or more questions you need to cleanse your adrenal system.
  • Texas_Nana
    Texas_Nana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hang in there kiddo…I know it’s frustrating but if you are staying within your calorie limits and getting your exercise in, it will come off…just keep on keeping on and it will happen.