Pumped and then in the dumps!

Options
After a tough morning getting out of bed (pressed snooze not tired just didn't want to get up) I finally got to the gym. I was pumped and excited I got myself up! 10 minutes into being at the gym I was ready to be done. Anyone else experience this? What do you do in the moment to pick yourself up and get moving so it's not a long drawn out workout? I tried switching to a different song on the IPOD plus looked through tv channels. I just couldn't get that "feeling" of being pumped back. Does anyone have a certain song on their playlist that gets them pumped to start their workouts?

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Anything by Eminem :) Also ICE COLD water gets my body moving! I slam it every day when I wake up!
  • Fr4z
    Fr4z Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have used a site called podrunner which has mixes at varying BPMs.......I find this helps bme to get in the zone esp as some of the musci played in the gym is frankly tosh.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    that sounds like me today but I've been doing 2 or 3 workouts a day and its 5 days since my last rest day so decided I needed to rest and have cut my lunchtime run - have a cardio strength session later but hoping I feel better by then but once I start that its soon at the end of the 60 mins
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I can push through by just thinking - it's only 10 more minutes, 10 minutes is nothing! Some days I have to just switch it up by doing a different cardio machine or one of the DVDs in the gym because I'm bored or my body just doesn't want to cooperate. Some days I switch it up and do more weights if cardio isn't doing it for me. Some days I decide I don't need to burn that many calories anyway and a rest wouldn't be a horrible thing.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I remind myself about how good i'll feel after. :) sounds cliche but for me it works.