30-Day Challenge (Yes, meant to happen over the holidays!!)

Options
So I find weight loss works for me if I challenge myself...

I lost 73 pounds in 18 weeks, went from 264 pounds to 191 pounds between September 2014 and February 2015. I had joined a "20lb Challenge", a weight loss and fitness challenge to lose 20lbs in 6 weeks, and it worked.

But by April of this year, I had got back up to 224 pounds. I set another goal for myself to fit into my previous summer clothes for a trip to Costa Rica in May. I wanted to get down to 204 pounds by the trip, but when I left for Costa Rica I was only around 219 pounds. Although I was using MFP and was logging some, I didn't have any strict guidelines.

After the trip it got worse... By the end of the summer I was up to 235 pounds!

In August, I joined a FitSquad with a new goal to lose 30 pounds by December 30th or 10 pounds per month. The FitSquad was a group of ladies who all set goals together, regularly texted and encouraged each other to work out together and participated in a DRASTIC challenge to cut out a bunch of "trigger foods" for a period of time.

It worked! From August 31 to the end of September I lost 16.5 pounds, and went down from 235 to 218.5 pounds. That's way more than 10 pounds in 30 days!

The FitSquad Challenge ended on October 7th and I'm struggling again. Although I'm using MFP, I don't have a framework. I have been teetering around the 215-219 pound mark since I ended the FitSquad in early October. Then yesterday morning I had hiked back up to 220lbs.

I really want to get down to where I was in February 2015.

I'm ready to do this! Please join me for another 30-day challenge! I challenge you to lose 10lbs with me in 30 days. We can do it!!

If you want to join, friend me now, then on Friday, November 4th weigh yourself, take a front and side picture of yourself, and post your starting weight in the comments below.

Starting on Sunday, November 6th do the following:

- Log daily!
- Post a daily goal to your profile page
- Work out for at least thirty-minutes at least 3x's per week
- Cut-out these foods:
*fried food
*cheese
*alcohol
*soda
*juice
*pork
*beef
*sugar
- Only eat whole grain carbs (no enriched or bleached products).

Hope to see you!

Replies

• BekahsLosing
    BekahsLosing Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Your totally right! I'd like to get the weight off first though!
  • Happy65to55
    Happy65to55 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Inspired.
    Thank you for sharing
    I start my 30 day challenge tomorrow.
    I have a plan and hope yo follow thru this time.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Can't eat cheese?

• vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am in..sent you a friend request
  • vanessa40
    Options

- Cut-out these foods:
    *fried food
    *cheese
    *alcohol
    *soda
    *juice
    *pork
    *beef
    *sugar
    - Only eat whole grain carbs (no enriched or bleached products).

I never eat fried foods,no dairy products, as close as i come is the cashew milk i put in my protein shakes, no sodas or juice,i do eat pork and beef...and i can't live without sugar...sorry...lol..i use organic sugar.
    As for grains i sometimes have oats for breakfast but not often
  • BekahsLosing
    Options
    Great Vanessa! RoxieDawn, yes no cheese for me, but feel free to modify the plan if cheese isn't one of your "triggers". daniip_la, when I've tried moderation before it worked for maintaining weight-loss, but not for losing weight... that sounds like a great goal once I'm there!
  • vanessa40
    Options
    Great Vanessa! RoxieDawn, yes no cheese for me, but feel free to modify the plan if cheese isn't one of your "triggers". daniip_la, when I've tried moderation before it worked for maintaining weight-loss, but not for losing weight... that sounds like a great goal once I'm there!
    I have trigger foods too
    Mine is PB..i can't even have it in the house...
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    hey there,
    Am up for the challenge...sent you a friend request / message :smile:
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun I'm in. I'm actually going to start today though Tuesday nov 1st. Already did my workout so I can be at exactly 30days also trying to lose weight for my wedding next year in 5-6months. Or less. So early start lol. Sw:170 goal to lose 10lbs this month or more.Gw:160 by December 1st.
  • BekahsLosing
    Options
    Excellent! So glad you'll join me Beautiful!
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'll join for the Whole 30 challenge, but only following the rules stated on the Whole 30 website (http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/) not a variation. And a goal of 10 pounds in a month isn't right for me, instead I'd say 4-5 would be more like it.
  • BekahsLosing
    Options
    Sounds great midsummer!
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I could not stop thinking about some milk for my coffee or tea this morning. I noticed on blogs and stuff that coffee is a big deal for a lot of people doing Whole 30 which is weird because I didn't really think of it as being a *big* part of my day... Anyway, I'm going with black tea with no milk and it's working for me.