Still 50ish, Still Fat, and Still need Female Friends

Options
I made a similar post a while ago and gained many friends. Sadly they were much more successful than me because most of them are gone. I do have some great friends but could really use more, if you need someone to support and encourage you and could use some of the same then feel free to add me.

Replies

• Arapacana1
    Arapacana1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I'm 48 and have around 45 pounds left to lose.
  • JoysDragonfly
    JoysDragonfly Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 50ish. Have about 50ish pounds to lose and then maintain and will take more support and friends any day!
  • MaryOves
    MaryOves Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and need to lose 50 -add me.
  • lh74219
    lh74219 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! 50'ish and 50lbs! - add me
  • countrysweet1127
    countrysweet1127 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lots to lose myself so I will be here awhile before maintaining you can add me :)
  • tanya1052
    tanya1052 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Likewise - please add me as well
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    69 been here 3 years and lost 50lb, still got more to loss. Please note I only give super to those that do so also. Good luck on your journey
  • pmoran525
    pmoran525 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Me, too!
  • celestial2763
    celestial2763 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me too 53 with 50 to go I have been lingering at my same weight a loooong time..lose 1 gain 1 you get the picture :/
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I hear ya I am in the same boat! (53 today!!) I would like some more friends to socialize with. I can be encouraging and/or supportive but Im too old to be a "cheerleader" and didnt care for that when I was younger either, so anyone who's looking to wake up to motivational posters from me is going to be disappointed! Just want some mellow friends to share the journey, a few folks who understand what it's like.
    The hard part of being new here IMO is reading threads and seeing posts where I think, "wow I'd like to be friends with that person"... only to click on them and realize they either dont log in anymore or dont even have an account anymore, because the post was 2-3 years old or more! :(
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me, but I periodically go through and clean out friends that don't interact that much. No fault of there own!!

ETA 50 and will be here a long time!
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    The hard part of being new here IMO is reading threads and seeing posts where I think, "wow I'd like to be friends with that person"... only to click on them and realize they either dont log in anymore or dont even have an account anymore, because the post was 2-3 years old or more! :(
    I don't have a ton of friends, because I don't always pay much attention to my feed! Instead, I belong to several groups. One person can post a message, then the rest of can read it, and choose to reply or not. I like the groups because it makes it easier to find again. If the message boards are especially chatty, you have to go back through 7 or 8 pages to find the thread!

• Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'll add you as well. I'm 51 and 41 lbs to lose.
  • mariettaortiz42
    mariettaortiz42 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me I'm not 50 I'm 42 but I need 40 pounds to lose and sound MfP.
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    tress29 wrote: »
    I don't have a ton of friends, because I don't always pay much attention to my feed! Instead, I belong to several groups.
    I tried there first, the particular groups I was most interested in hadn't had activity for like 2 years =(
    There's WAY too many groups, they can't even list them you have to be searching for them to find them.
    I did see find that an interesting thread gets like 10 pages of answers in 2-3 days- way too much!!
    So i just post randomly pretty much I guess till i find somewhere to settle down.
  • karen110567
    karen110567 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 49 on Saturday and I still need to lose about 60lbs! It's working for me this time; doing Keto.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Here is a group for folks that are 50+ (or ish) with 50 pounds (ish or more) to lose. We haven't been real active but I hope adding some new members will spark new discussion.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115683-50-50-journey

• tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    cabwj wrote: »
    Here is a group for folks that are 50+ (or ish) with 50 pounds (ish or more) to lose. We haven't been real active but I hope adding some new members will spark new discussion.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115683-50-50-journey

And I'll post the invite for our New Year's group. We're just finishing up our Halloween challenge!
  • lipstkjunkie
    lipstkjunkie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm just restarting this journey, 49 looking to lose 50+ lbs. I don't know how to add friends here but feel free to add me :)