Turmeric Smoothie?

Options
KerrymBurgess
KerrymBurgess Posts: 29 Member
Hi, I'd like to include more Turmeric in my diet and for convenience I think adding it to my smoothies would be the answer however, I really don't like the taste. So anyone got a good recipe or ingredient that hides the taste in a smoothie please? Thanks

Replies

• FairlyLisa
    FairlyLisa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    https://www.healthysmoothiehq.com/tropical-turmeric-smoothie - this website seems to know how to mask the tumeric.
  • GregorNotSamsa
    GregorNotSamsa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get fresh turmeric from an Indian grocery store near me and I put about a tablespoon in my smoothie every morning along with fresh ginger. The rest of the smoothie is various fruits that are in season, often some watercress and about a half cup of Fairlife milk. I don't taste the turmeric at all and the ginger has virtually cured my acid reflux. I've read that including some ground black pepper increases the body's ability to absorb more turmeric. I use about 1/4 teaspoon.
  • GemFromJannah
    GemFromJannah Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Turmeric Milk is nice (not really a smoothie tho)

Mix 1tspn raw honey with 1tspn turmeric add a tiny pinch black pepper & 1tspn raw coconut oil. Mix all this into a paste.

Next, heat 1cup milk (coconut or almond). Heat it to slight simmer, do not boil it. Then stir in the paste until it's all dissolved into the milk.

Drink & enjoy
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    If you're referring to that slightly bitter/earthy taste, it only lessens with heat or cooking. Otherwise, you can try and mask it with strong spices like ginger, cinnamon, or cardamom.

I only put a teensy bit in my smoothie, but put a lot in almost everything I cook; stews, soups, roasted veggies and meats.
  • bandpwise
    bandpwise Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I made a smoothie this morning with chocolate protein, coffee, tumeric a little cinnamon and unsweetened almond milk.