The struggle is real.Looking for Support 375lbs

Options
Ive been struggling with my weight all my life.I would consider myself an emotional eater for every stressfull period in my life i would put on weight. up to 375 pounds.I realy hope this app and the mfp community give me the support that i need.

Thank you

Replies

• espressoshotsnheavysquats
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me if you're looking for friends here. I have been through the whole emotional overeating, and finally got on track and found a balance for me. Would love to support each other to reach goals
  • houndlvr1
    houndlvr1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi - I too can be an emotional eater and at my highest weighed 362. I'm at 288 currently with 100 more to lose but know that I can't do this alone so please feel free to reach out. The MFP community definitely is supportive and if you give yourself small goals you can be successful too!!
  • SubwayBoss
    SubwayBoss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was 306 at my highest. Overweight my whole life and making good consistent progress. Add me.
  • 100poundsx
    100poundsx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision to get healthy. Thats the hardest part of this process. :) step one done. Feel free to add me. I have been morbidly obese my entire life. And changing my body has given me more pride in myself then I every dreamed I'd have.
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    I am down to 390 from 434 in the beginning of September.
    Feel free to add me
  • beckey24
    beckey24 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am down to 322 from 363. I have a great support system on here :)
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    i started at 296 and am down to around 229 or so (i got to 211 but alas).

use the app to help you but dont depend on it.

not logging everything is only going to cheat yourself and not the app, it doesnt really care

do not expect success after 4 days. dont expect it after 4 weeks.

identify why you eat when youre stressed and figure out something else to take eatings place.

buy a food scale. youd be amazed at what a portion really looks like.
  • TomatoGhost
    TomatoGhost Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend, also. ;) (as well as anyone else who posted)
  • shaddyho
    shaddyho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have not walked a mile in your shoes and have no eating tips etc to offer, but for taking this step I laud you and wish you all the very best. Good luck!
  • Fantasypugs
    Fantasypugs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great support here. Feel free to add me if you like. Also look at the groups on here as well.
  • Bigjoeko
    Bigjoeko Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the support !!
  • KECrawford71
    KECrawford71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in same boat feel free to add me
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me buddy! I started at 341 and am now 287, im aiming for 225 by summer
  • druidsapprentice
    druidsapprentice Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    In a similar boat here but motivated to get back on track again.... Let myself majorly slide. Add me as friend- we all need support. Let's do this!!
  • OrlaKane339
    OrlaKane339 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me too, I'm in the 300 club and I'm extremely motivated to get fit & healthy. I've lost 11lbs so far in 27 days so let's keep each other motivated and accountable!!! You can do this!!!!