Detox/Cleanse Suggestions?

Any good ideas? Preferably one I can get a walmart, GNC or anything of that sort? Also, I don't have the money for shakeology, so that one is out! Please help! I am in GREAT NEED of a good detox/cleanse.

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    My advice would be to save your money. Your body does a fantastic job of "cleansing" and "detoxing" itself. If you eat well and drink enough water, everything will take care of itself.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    My advice would be to save your money. Your body does a fantastic job of "cleansing" and "detoxing" itself. If you eat well and drink enough water, everything will take care of itself.

Agreed. My favorite cleanse is to just eat lean meats and fresh produce and NO grains, sugar, or processed foods, drinking only water, tea and coffee, for 3 to 5 days. Works great!
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    I highly recommend cleansing about every 6 months, but on a few conditions. You've really gone out on your eating, or you need to lose some water weight for an event. Note, no cleanse/detox will lose fat.

That said, leave the stuff on the shelves on the shelves. Often times they're just gimmicky chemicals that make you pee out your rear. Look into some natural herbs and such. Cleansing is a very old art done before a lot of chemists figured they could make a quick buck.
  • Kaelinnn_102
    Kaelinnn_102 Posts: 50 Member

Thanks for the advice! I'm trying that as we speak! I just feel so rundown from all the "Group Dinners" & "Family Get Togethers" that have been happening for about a week and a half now. All that bad food has me feeling HORRIBLE!
  • Kaelinnn_102
    Kaelinnn_102 Posts: 50 Member
    I highly recommend cleansing about every 6 months, but on a few conditions. You've really gone out on your eating, or you need to lose some water weight for an event. Note, no cleanse/detox will lose fat.

That said, leave the stuff on the shelves on the shelves. Often times they're just gimmicky chemicals that make you pee out your rear. Look into some natural herbs and such. Cleansing is a very old art done before a lot of chemists figured they could make a quick buck.

Haha, yes! That's why I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas, I have heard all kinds of horror stories about some of those detox/cleanse products out there! But I am definitely not doing it to trim fat! I just need to get all this junk out of my system. I feel sluggish and run down!
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    You could try a whole foods cleanse, like the raw diet, just eating fresh produce for a few days. I've made up my own versions before where I just ate fresh fruits and vegetables, but here's a link to one that is similar...
    http://www.fitnesstipsforlife.com/raw-food-cleanse-guidance-for-a-10-day-cleanse.html
    You can also google whole foods cleanses/raw food cleases. Or try a juice fast!