Halloween Candy!

Options
So I read that 90%of all parents take their favorite candy from the kiddos when going through their candy..
I'm going to try very very hard to keep out of it this year But boy is it gonna be hard!
I love tootsie rolls, butterfingers and Reese's...
What's your Halloween candy weakness?
Do you have plans to stay away from it?

Replies

• Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Definitely Butterfinger. My kids are all too old to trick or treat, but we do hand out candy. I solve this issue by not buying Butterfingers :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    We bought Twix bars and Kit Kats. I can't eat either of them because I have celiac disease and my husband doesn't particularly care for them.

I had to go to the grocery store today and I picked up a single Snickers bar (my personal favorite) and a package of Reese's Cups for my husband.

That's how we're handling Halloween here.

Any left over candy? Twix is my daughter's favorite, and my son loves Kit Kats.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    It is not my favorite candy overall but I have a weakness for those tiny boxes of Nerds. I like being able to pour the entire box of them into my mouth all at once.

I am not a classy lady.

There's a joke I could make that would likely get me a warning. I'll be keeping quiet.

I bet you're plenty of fun, though.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Mr. Big and Mars bars (Kids hate them).
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    It is not my favorite candy overall but I have a weakness for those tiny boxes of Nerds. I like being able to pour the entire box of them into my mouth all at once.

I am not a classy lady.

There's a joke I could make that would likely get me a warning. I'll be keeping quiet.

I bet you're plenty of fun, though.

:smiley:
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I bought candy to give out, the last kid that come around 7:45/8ish is going to get the whatever I have left before I turn off the light.
  • amymcd
    amymcd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My plan was to not get any candy until the day of, but I went yesterday as I was worried it would all be gone. I have eaten a lot of mini almond joy and butterfingers. What is not given out tonight will come to work with me tomorrow - hopefully to be eaten by someone other than me!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My son doesn't like candy that much and I have to force him to go trick or treating, lol. I don't feel bad taking and eating the pieces I want!

Growing up I always gave my dad anything with peanuts but I don't remember if my mom ever got more than a piece or two. I was a pro TOTer though, canvassing the entire town on my side of the train tracks. So there was plenty to go around. (now I just take my son down a few streets till he gets too scared of the scary costumes and wants to go back home)
  • cbro70
    cbro70 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @jemhh ;);)
    My weakness is Reese's, but the good thing is that most Halloween candy now is really small portions, so 1 or 2 every now and then is no prob.

• Lorilynn_37
    Lorilynn_37 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Relser wrote: »
    I bought candy to give out, the last kid that come around 7:45/8ish is going to get the whatever I have left before I turn off the light.

Your gonna make one kid extremely happy!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Twix, Kit Kats, Lindt truffles (yes my kids got some last year!).

I still have Kit Kats from last year though (the white and triple chocolate kinds).
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I bought candy we don't like so much - my husband said it was the worst. I already ate all of the milk duds (I'm having a major sweet tooth lately!) :)

The little one usually trick or treats at her dad's house and accidentally leaves her candy there.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Candy corn is my weakness. I have ZERO plans to stay away from them. I'm just waiting for post-Halloween candy sales to get a bag of really cheap candy corn.
  • angpowers
    angpowers Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I bought "the good" candy of Twix, snickers, etc

LAAAAAAAWD HELP!!!!
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm not fussy I will eat anything! Little Oh Henry's are my favourite!

I thought I would avoid the Halloween candy binge by making my treat bags before I went to yoga yesterday morning.

Turns out the bags can be opened and pillaged before handing them out!

• WaCowboy
    WaCowboy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What's your Halloween candy weakness?
    Do you have plans to stay away from it?

Mine is reeses cups and black licorice. I am lucky enough to live in a bit of a remote place. So I don't get any trick or treaters. That though still doesn't stop my girlfriend from buying Halloween candy. Honestly I haven't found a way to stay out of it. But maybe if I padlock the drawer the candy is in and wrap every bag of candy in a roll of duct tape...
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I love Reese's but so does my son so he won't give me any of those. I also love Butterfingers and he hates them so I usually end up with all of those. If he gets very many I'll just stick them in the freezer and eat one once in awhile. We're going out with friends tonight so we aren't handing any candy out. Surprisingly I've been doing a pretty good job of staying away from candy so far this Halloween!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My kids are one and three so, yes, I'm picking through their candy and trading anything inappropriate for a better choice. (Who gives a three year old a full size Mr Big bar? Or a one year old Smarties?) They'll make out pretty decently in the end, and dad gets to eat any confiscated candy he wants. FTR, "better choice" is still chocolate - mostly Kit Kats, Aeros and Coffee Crisps since that's what we give out.

I love love love the people who get snack sized bags of Goldfish crackers and give those to the littles.