Starting over

Options
I started this weight loss journey about 2 years ago, I had lost 86lbs. Over the year I have gained it ALL back plus 4lbs. I need to get control over this, counting my calories worked for me before. I need help controlling my cravings and giving in. I had a picture taken of me yesterday and I look so gross, I see the weight in my face again, I feel like I'm getting limited in my movement and loosing my breath easy. change needs to happen!

Replies

• heidicollier83
    heidicollier83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on the same boat as you. I started this journey a few years ago after the birth of my daughter starting weight of 215 got down to 158 and lifted weights like crazy I looked and felt great. I quit smoking and now I am battling the weight again except its much harder to loose now. Like you I have to change and really keep my motivation up!
  • KWright76
    KWright76 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I lost 75 lbs and got pregnant after my pregnancy I put all my weight back on. I hate the way look. So I am back at this again.
  • heidicollier83
    heidicollier83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need to try to find ways to keep active between work and motherhood I find it hard to keep active when I am trying to keep my kids active in sports. My biggest downfall is our family eats out all the time and I know I splurge on calories when I eat out but that's my pitfall plus a desk job doesn't help. I have to work around my barriers and keep focused on a healthy active lifestyle.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Amanda you can do this. It's a lifestyle change not just until you lose, whilst you are losing find new things you like to eat that are lower calorie and swap them for some higher calorie things you have been having. Don't let one bad day turn into a bad week or month. Get some mutually supportive friends and keep at it day in day out and log everything, good luck
  • FoxyMamaDB
    FoxyMamaDB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're preaching to the choir here. I've lost the same weight so many times over I can't count. I'm at my highest weight ever - 250 lbs. and it's daunting. I don't even want pictures of myself. (That picture of my family is an old one. To remind me of why I am doing this- for my family) I NEED to lose the weight. Like you Amanda, it is affecting my health.
    I do well counting calories as well, taking into account healthy foods. My worst craving is snacking at night and craving sugar when I'm tired.
    Good luck everyone!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i am starting again today and in the same boat, put all the weight back on with a little added extra :( 89 pounds must go! feel free to add me everyone :)
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Same boat here too!

I lost a significant amount of weight after having my son in 2008. I was successful at keeping it off for several years, but have managed to gain it all back in the last three years.

For me it was a few weeks ago when trying to find something to wear for a party and realizing that even my "fat" clothes were tight. I was so angry at myself!

• ponytail75
    ponytail75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here... I lost a lot in 2012 and then gained it all back and then some. I have started a "diet" countless times only to fall off the wagon after awhile. Let's make it stick this time!! Feel free to add me!