Happy Halloween???

Options
I just wanted to put some words of encouragement out there for those of us who cannot resist Halloween candy. My kids are grown now, and will not be bringing loads of candy into my house, thank God! I remember this time of year being very difficult for me. I was constantly sneaking into my kids' stash.

Replies

• rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I usually have a really hard time resisting candy but this year I've managed to only eat 2 mini candy bars. I've really just been avoiding being around candy. I haven't bought any to hand out yet so there hasn't been any in the house to snack on. I will be taking my son trick or treating tonight but he usually doesn't get any candy I like anyway. My big problem will be when all of the candy is on sale tomorrow because I love getting a good deal. I'll probably limit myself to one bag and put it in the freezer so I can have one once in awhile but not have it sitting out where I can see it all the time.
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The freezer idea is great!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Candy is a problem for me. Halloween is also my birthday, so I am going to enjoy it to an extent tonight and then put the candy away (I won't steal my kiddos candy) and call it good. I could eat Snickers for days, though.
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Candy is a problem for me, definitely. I second the freezer idea. It works great for gummy candies as well, like sour patch kids and gummy bears. You have to eat them slower, too, when they're frozen!

I brought two bags of M&M's into the apartment for halloween, but that's it! And that's going to be split between me and 3 25 year old boys who aren't dieting. It'll last all of 8 seconds, and I'll get four M&M's. Exactly how I want it to go! :lol:
  • tltmom
    tltmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just got candy today, so it isn't going to be around very long. And I only got treats I don't like. I have to watch it because I'm really bad around certain candies!
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Options
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the candy, and staying in a calorie deficit. It's doable. And delicious :)