10 lbs a month?

Options
Not that I'm complaining but I apparently have been losing roughly 10 lbs a month. Is that good or is it too much. I mean I'm also breastfeeding and you lose 500 calories a day with that. I started counting after my daughter was born (4 months ago) and at this rate I will reach my goal weight by Christmas. What do you think?

Replies

• pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    i've lost 10 pounds in a month before, I burned about 600-8-00 calories a day and ate 1,500. It can be done :)
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I guess if you aren't passing out or fainting you should be ok. I lose between 2-3 per week. Haven't had a serious plateau yet but everyone says I will.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I started working out in like the 3rd week of May, it's now the 2nd week of July and I've lost 26lbs. My starting weight was 220lbs.

I've got more energy, during my strength training I've increased reps and weight.

I've not had a plateau yet either...I've probably just jinxed myself LOL.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I also lost 10 pounds a month for the first few months even though I was consistently at my calories at a 2 pounds a week setting. I have slowed to 2 pounds a week now. I think the more you have to lose the faster it comes off initially.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    thats perfect!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    no. you had a lot to lose. not bad.
  • shouse1128
    Options
    I know that when i was breast feeding i lost weight like crazy i got down to a size 5 and i hadnt been that small since i was like 13 and i had my son when i was 21, but anyway i think the reason i lost so much so fast was cause he was my first and i was breast feeding i would forget to eat throughout the day cause i was so stressed out about worrying about his needs....but i was going to school to be a nurse and learnd that breast feeding contracts the uterus and makes it shrink faster and that can impact your weight loss. I also learned that loosing 2 lbs a week is considered healthy weight loss anything more can be considered unhealthy but im thinking an extra 2lbs a month isnt going to be a problem. i hope this helps a little
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    As long as you are eating close to what is reccomended and feel good I think you should be fine. You could consult a dr or a nutrionist to make sure. Congratualations on your success.
  • nichole883
    nichole883 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    10 lbs a month is great! I dropped weight really fast the first few months of breastfeeding. As long as you're eating enough and getting the nutrients you need to produce milk you're fine.