Options
Hi there,

I'm Viki :)

I've been on a health kick for about a year and have lost about 20 pounds but I'm really struggling to shift the last 7-14 pounds to reach my goal weight. I'm stuck on a plateau and nothing I do will make them shift! So I've joined up here hoping that it will help me stay motivated to keep at it.

Good luck to everyone whether you have a little or a lot to lose!

Replies

• Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good luck, there's loads of Brits on here, you notice them during the day and the Americans atart to appear from lunchtime onwards :smile:

Everyone is really friendly and supportive and I'm sure you'll get plenty of help
  • QueenT24
    QueenT24 Posts: 15
    Options
    Viki,
    Have you changed up your work out routine or are you counting calories? What is your approach a year later?
  • BlondeViki
    BlondeViki Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sucha65 :)

QueenT24, I've been trying to increase the distance I run and I'm making an attempt to introduce some strength training too. I think I might be at that point where I need to eat a little more because of the level of exercise I'm doing and wondered if the plateau might be because I'm not eating enough, but it's so hard to find that balance!
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    Hi Viki, I'm a newbie too, but an old hat to this weight loss game. Have you tried to cut back on packaged foods, sugar, and fake fats? I tried this for a week and tried to eliminate all convenience foods and stuck with nuts, low fat dairy, veggies, fruits, meats and no junk - even if it was low fat! It worked and got me past a plateau. Maybe that might work for you. Good luck!
  • BlondeViki
    BlondeViki Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Ncgatorfan :) I have cut back on packaged food for main meals but I could work on my snacks a bit - biscuits are my weakness! I am going to try and have fruit more and maybe a biscuit every other day :)

Good luck reaching your goal weight!