Weight plateau slowly killing my motivation and deteriminati

Options
My target weight loss is 132lbs. Its been almost 3 weeks and i'm stuck at 143.66lbs. I have tried advice from all the experts.....increased my calorie intake, zigzagged my calorie intake, increased protein etc.... but every morning weigh in - im the same weight!

This is slowly killing my motivation and determination.

Please help :(

Replies

• aslm
    aslm Posts: 71
    Options
    Just keep at it, I'd advice not weigh every day, do it just once a week or two weeks....
  • livi_cowgirl
    livi_cowgirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Agreed, once a week is better for weigh-ins. Once a day is too soon, if you are using dial scales it is too short a time to notice a difference. The only thing I can suggest for a plateau is a few days of bad food followed by a week of very good good. It knocks your metabolism out of kilter. Good luck.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Try 3 months! seriously.But I didnt come this far to throw in the towel. You to can over come this. I started eating more that is what is working for me but I sometimes wonder if we put to much pressure on ourselves. Goodluck!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i am totally with you there,i was stuck for 4 months and folded at the end of it,but i will tell you this it will sort itself out,if you fold you will put on weight like i did and now i am playing catch up tring to get back to where i was in april! so up the water,and the exersice dont have too few a calories,mesure yourself and wait i promise it will move on the scales again...
    it could be your body adding muscle which weighs more that fat!
  • julie4760
    julie4760 Posts: 125
    Options
    just carry on with the healthy eating try different forms of exercise and don't weigh for a week just increase your water intake if it's low and you'll be less stressed and watch your sodium levels, best of luck, chin up and keep at it.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Try shaking up your exercise - lift heavier and introduce intervals into your cardio.
  • Zozi
    Zozi Posts: 3
    Options
    As I got nearer my goal I only lost weight every 3 weeks and that has been the pattern ever since... give it a little more time, it will pass.
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    do a different type of exercise
  • dehniziad
    dehniziad Posts: 42
    Options
    Try shaking up your exercise - lift heavier and introduce intervals into your cardio.

I changed my exercise routine tremendously.
    Initially I was speed walking (7.0kph) at maximum incline(15.0), then strength training
    Then I introduced HIIT (high intensity interval training) for 30min per day which increased my heart rate intensity.

I also ate around 1000cals above my daily target - all in all around 2500.

Its a real piss off that I managed to lose the initial weight so fast, and now its like dejavu everyday!
  • CocoNuttie
    CocoNuttie Posts: 40
    Options
    Just want to say u've got a friend here....3 weeks and the needle hasn't move. I've up my exercise from 3 times to 5 times a week. I'm running 10k instead of 6k...and still i'm the same as 3 wks ago. How frustrating! It really makes going to gym much much harder as it's very de-motivating. I understand completely!

However, honest to god my shape has got better in the last 3 weeks if that's even possible! and i swear legs are getting smaller and tighter...

So keep up!! I won't be giving up that easily :) so you should fight too.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Yes. try 3 months. What weight are you now? height? if you are very close to a normal BMI or within a normal BMI range then its very important that you eat very close to your calorie goal and that you also set your losses to no more than 1/2lb - 1lb a week
  • dehniziad
    Options
    I've up my exercise from 3 times to 5 times a week. I'm running 10k instead of 6k...and still i'm the same as 3 wks ago.

I did the same exact thing... I increased my workouts until i felt like I was going to pass out - which isnt healthy at all. A nutritional expert informed me that I wasnt eating enough therefore my body requires food to burn which transforms into energy inorder to burn my fat. It made great sense to me at the beginning, not only eating above my calorie limit - im **** scared of throwing on more weight! Im currently at around 17% body fat and aiming for 10%.
  • dehniziad
    Options
    Yes. try 3 months. What weight are you now? height? if you are very close to a normal BMI or within a normal BMI range then its very important that you eat very close to your calorie goal and that you also set your losses to no more than 1/2lb - 1lb a week

Current weight: 143.6lbs
    My BMI is: 24.6
    The healthy range ( is between: 18.5 - 25.0)

My targeted weight is: 132lbs
    Target BMI: 22.6
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    What calories are you on?

I repeat that you need to lower your weekly weight loss goal to 1lb or below a week, also if you are male the absolute minimum is 1500. (sorry, profile doesnt give gender) Also 10% body fat doesnt sound very realistic for the average female, so I (maybe wrongly) am assuming you're male.
  • trianaw
    trianaw Posts: 177
    Options
    Increase your water intake.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I just posted about my 2 month long plateau experience in this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/288072-plateau-busters-zig-zagging-or-increasing

I really had to dig deep to find motivation during my plateau. It was terribly frustrating. The last 10-ish pounds SUCK and are so slow to come off. I smirk when I see different MFPers weight loss goals where they think they will lose 1-2 pounds a week all the way through. Not likely!
  • Esq88
    Esq88 Posts: 54
    Options
    same situation. ive been at the same weight for 3 weeks =(
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    how tall are you? Male?

open your food diary up so we can see what might be going on
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    same situation. ive been at the same weight for 3 weeks =(

Check the thread you just started, as I replied there that you likely need to eat more being you were eating LESS than 1200 calories/day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Take a full week off of any exercise except for some light walking (2 miles not exceeding 65% of max heart rate). Keep your calories in check. Sometimes letting the body rest then restarting exercise does the trick.