Hello! I'm new here.

Options
Hi! I am new to MFP and am one month post op for RNY. I am excited to get my health back and am looking forward to becoming more healthy and physically active. What's new with you?
:)

Replies

• rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your bypass surgery recovery and new you to come! What's your goal? Best of luck to you!
  • ginthebombshellks
    Options
    Hi! I am having a bit of trial and error with the gastric bypass surgery. But so far so good. My goal is to loose about 115 lbs or so. Thank you for the luck. I'm looking forward to working out again.
  • rebel_26
    Options
    You got this! You have taken a big step with the surgery so just follow the instructions from the doctor and use the mfp tools! Lose in a healthy way and don't over due it with racing to the goal.slow and steady will give results you can hold on to! By all means document before and after pics when you reach goal to help inspire others.
  • ginthebombshellks
    Options
    Thank you for the words of wisdom. I hadn't thought about before and after pictures. I'll post my before picture as soon as I find a good one. I have always been a run before I can walk kind of person, so I tend to get down on my self if I don't lose the weight as fast as I think I should. Have you always been in shape?

• rebel_26
    Options
    Since 40 I found the lifestyle. Mid life crisis maybe for me lol. Bought my first convertible and joined the gym. There is a section in here on transformations. Save your before and post a before after when you hit milestones. You'll find a lot of supportive people in that section. Some amazing life events in there now go check em out. It's definitely a race not a marathon when the goal is 3 digits. Be patient it will come with time and effort.
  • ginthebombshellks
    Options
    I am a couple years shy of 40 but it's part of my motivation. The weight just seems to have happened over a couple of years. My ultimate goal is to drop the weight, firm up the jiggly bits and be confused for my daughter's sister. Lol! I will go check out the transformation section. Thank you for telling me about it. I'm off to sleep. Good night!
  • mcollier123
    mcollier123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had RNY on 8/22/16!!
    HW:217
    SW:199
    CW:182
    Height: 5'1

We are really close in our post op recovery times. We should be buddies for support :)
  • alexsks
    alexsks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am new to chit chat, had gastric bypass RNY on Monday, Oct 17. Had my surgery at the Civic Hospital with Dr. Yelle. My surgery was text book. Everything went well and I did not have almost any pain. I am 55 years old and since my 3 weeks opti fast period I lost 26.6 pounds.
    Alex
  • Ehmeeheart
    Ehmeeheart Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery September 8 at the civic! Glad to hear things are going well!
  • sarah0291
    sarah0291 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am scheduled for my rny on 11/1. Exciting to see other people on MFP with similar situations! Congrats to all and looking forward to new lifestyle!
  • bobbypinKristen
    bobbypinKristen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Best decision I've ever made