:) Proud of how far you've come, but don't want to tell anyone because...

Options
2»

Replies

• megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'd lost a stone since May and no one noticed. I showed a friend (she lives in London and I live near Cardiff so don't see each other super often) the photo difference and she just said "you weren't that big" "must be a weird angle". Nope, I was that big. The stone has been hard work and I've got another to go.

I'm doing this for me. Not for praise. But it's disheartening when no one even notices!
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I myself never comment on weight loss or gain unless they are very close to me and I know they are trying to gain or lose or gain weight. As a personal anecdote, I have a very slender friend who often eats quite fattening foods. The people who comment on how it must be nice to be so small and eat like that don't realize that he is losing weight because he doesn't eat nearly enough. I did give an atta boy when he gained two very hard won pounds.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,989 Member
    Options
    I never mention my progress to anyone but people (even strangers) notice and ask about it or mention it to me.
  • HeyJude007
    HeyJude007 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm learning from all of you this is a personal journey. I still have no Idea on how much I have lost, but am following staying in the guide lines. 3 months of charting is coming on Nov 24 ... thanksgiving. It will be a fun and grateful day being with my family.
  • judis100
    judis100 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I work in IT - mostly guys. The few women I work with noticed & complimented me on how good I looked pretty early on, but the guys didn't start telling me I looked different, did I change my hair? until after about 50 pounds - cracked me up.