10lbs by Thanksgiving- starting today!

Options
Hi guys! I have a short term goal to lose 8-10 lbs by Thanksgiving. Currently 130 and want to be 12-122 by then. Plan to log daily, stay in calorie allowance, and do at least 30 min of cardio. It would be great to lose some extra pounds to look my best on the holidays while surrounded by friends and family.

Anyone who wants to join me on this journey- add me as a friend! My name is Jill, I'm 31, and I live in Florida :).

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Yeah you'd have to be in a pretty unhealthy deficit to lose 8 to 10 pound in that short of a time period. You would do best to try to lose weight at a reasonable rate.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but that basically turns into a crash diet. How tall are you?
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    This thread will likely shut down some time today as this is not a healthy plan, especially given the OP is not that heavy to begin with.
  • Jillianx115x
    Jillianx115x Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Don't be a hater :). I know my body. Not looking for advice or jealousy- just friends to join me.
  • Jillianx115x
    Jillianx115x Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    RobD520 wrote: »
    This thread will likely shut down some time today as this is not a healthy plan, especially given the OP is not that heavy to begin with.

You have contributed nothing to my thread except bad advice. Go tear people down some place else. There is nothing wrong with losing 2ish lbs per week. Move it along hater.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    You're going to lose healthy muscle at that rate. Why not try for 10lbs by Xmas instead?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Ooooohhh 23 days, I don't think so (sorry)..

eta this would be a challenge to see I could lose all my muscle and become a complete weak and deranged person.. :(
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    To lose 2 lbs a week when you are 130 lbs you would likely be eating 700-800 calories or less. That is a very low calorie diet.and not okay unless supervised by a doctor. Promoting a very low calorie diet is against the community guidelines btw.
    It is not recommended to eat below 1200 calories for proper nutrition.
    You would be better off setting your goal to .5 lb a week and being patient.
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    RobD520 wrote: »

You have contributed nothing to my thread except bad advice. Go tear people down some place else. There is nothing wrong with losing 2ish lbs per week. Move it along hater.

Actually, I was merely pointing out what usually happens on this board when people propose losing at an unhealthy rate. The admins shut down the thread.

Pointing out that what you propose to do is unhealthy is not hateful.

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    ....your profile pic looks pretty darn good. Sorry.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Don't be a hater :). I know my body. Not looking for advice or jealousy- just friends to join me.

How is telling you that you're doing something that can damage your body and leave you with no energy to enjoy the time with your loved ones being a hater? I'm pretty sure your family won't care how much you weigh.

I agree not a hater but a concerned person. I don't think she has considered the effects of malnutrition on her hair, nails, teeth, and skin when she sees her family and friends she will have dull hair and skin and brittle nails I'm sure that will look "great ".
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Hater? Jealousy?

Not even close.

She's telling you the truth. Your goal is unhealthy and requires crash dieting, which results in the loss of much muscle mass as well. Many people, including me, will not support you in that.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    All this math. Listen,..go for it if you wish.... but do you know how many posts i read of people eating 1200 calories a day who can't lose.. or are stuck? The chances of you losing 10 pounds by eating 800 calories a day are slim.. But, you never know . The worst you can do is try and only lose four or five pounds..but still that's losing.

Those who disagree with you are not jealous.. many of us older..and we've all attempted what you are doing..so we are trying to spare you not crush your spirit. I say give it a try you aren't going to kill yourself crash dieting for three weeks. If so.. we'd all be dead.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

How is telling you that you're doing something that can damage your body and leave you with no energy to enjoy the time with your loved ones being a hater? I'm pretty sure your family won't care how much you weigh.

Yep. Op, your family will love you anyway. ;)
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi Jill, I'm trying to lose 15lbs by Christmas, I'll join you :) I'm on a 100lb loss journey and lost 37 so far. I live in MD.
This discussion has been closed.