not proud of this question but....

Options
How does one cook a quesadilla?

Do you put it in a frying pan? or microwave?

I got all the stuff to make a healthy quesadilla dinner but don't know how ...

Replies

• jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    How does one cook a quesadilla?

Do you put it in a frying pan? or microwave?

I got all the stuff to make a healthy quesadilla dinner but don't know how ...
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I cook mine in the oven, makes them nice and crispy and not soggy. I have made them in the frying pan, but prefer the oven, easier too as you don't have to flip them.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    You can do it in a frying pan with some cooking spray or sometimes I do it in the oven. They get really crispy in the oven. I'm sure you can do them in a microwave too!

Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I just slap mine together, put on a cookie sheet & cook at 400 until the tortilla is a little crispy & brown. I know some people put them in a frying pan, though.
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Frying pan, I would use pam to make sure it doesn't burn instead of butter. We have a quesadilla maker and we use it a lot.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    You could heat it up in the frying pan, just use some non-stick spray instead of any oil. Baking it in the oven would probably work too.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to that question but it reminded me of this:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1647

I honestly want to try that!

I have been making some of the hungry girl recipes. So far, the broccoli soup is great as well as cole slaw. yumma yumma
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    frying pan!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Healthy Quesadillas

2 tablespoons chicken broth
    1/4 cup onions, chopped
    1 small garlic clove, minced
    1/4 cup bell peppers, chopped
    2 chili peppers (to taste), minced
    3 plum tomatoes, chopped
    nonstick cooking spray
    8 flour tortillas
    1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
    1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
    salsa
    fat-free sour cream
    In a medium-heavy skillet, saute the onions, garlic and peppers until soft in the 2 tablespoons chicken broth. Add the chili peppers and tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes more until the liquid has evaporated. Add the chicken and stir well to combine. Spray a cold skillet with the nonstick spray and heat over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan and sprinkle with 1/8 cup cheese. Add about a quarter of the chicken mixture and top with another 1/8 cup cheese.

Cover with another tortilla and cook for two to three minutes or until golden brown. Flip the quesadilla over and cook for an additional two minutes. Remove from the heat and cut into edges. Keep warm while frying the remaining quesadillas. Serve with salsa and fat-free sour cream.

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

There ya go...right from Google's mouth:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Lots of ways to do it..this is a healthier version I chose to share.. if you have different ingredients to use on yours...simply follow the instructions for the remaining part you need to figure out. :flowerforyou:

Enjoy your meal!

FC:heart:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    thanks for the recipe FC my mouth is watering already :happy:
  • wattsam1
    Options
    I have a quesadilla maker...not really necessary but it's fun to use!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I used to make mine in the frying pan, but it was so hard to flip them without losing the filling that I went and got a quesadilla maker. I love it because it is so easy to use and when I make them I usually have to make between 15-20 of them to feed the family. So much easier than in the frying pan.
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    speaking of tortilla's...last night I cut one into triangles spray with spray topped with salt and cumin and baked for like 8 min. then dipped in salsa...yeah, I know not too original, but I'm just saying WAY better than the store bought fattening ones...I'd rather have those anyday..
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    I use the stovetop grill. I just heat up the tortillas and then add some cheese and let it toast a bit. You can add pizza sauce to it if you like.
    -OR-

You can also make a meat quesadias by just adding shredded beef or chicken, lettuce and diced tomatoes to it. I add ½ of spoon of sour cream and salsa. You can also add avocados if you like. :happy:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I usually do it in a frying pan with a bit of olive oil. You could also try them on a george foreman grill if you have one.