Struggling losing weight

Options
I keep trying my hardest to lose weight and it seems the only thing working is my bullimic activity. please help with ideas

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Here is what has worked for me:

Set MFP to maintenance and log everything you eat for 2 weeks, eat normally in this time,

look at that log

were there unnecessary foods that put you over calories (like junk food) which can be easily reduced in quantity or frequency

were there other necessary foods that you could substitute for smaller quantities or lower calorie alternatives

were there foods that triggered you to eat more

were there foods that triggered you to eat less

Set MFP to 1/2 lb loss per week and keep logging, making the small adjustments you hopefully have identified. Do not adjust to more of a loss until you can sustain this level for at least 2 weeks, then adjust for a greater loss if desired, or just keep losing at this level.

Everybody is a little different, for me, eating more fat makes me less likely to be hungry, while eating more carbs will make my appetite get out of hand. For some people it's the opposite. Some people find protein most satisfying. Some days are better than others, it's keeping at it long term that makes real progress. If you have a day you mess up, start fresh the next day.
  • mausbop
    mausbop Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hello dear,
    I don't know how much weight you've to lose or what you've tried till now but I can tell you that with consistency and hard work you'll see progress. It might be really slow and it might not be like you want it but you'll move from the point where you started.
    Don't see it as a short term goal, see it as a life long journey where you'll learn to love yourself! Cause girl, you are so worth it ♥
    Cut everything that hurts you, including negative thoughts about yourself because those ones are the real enemy.
    Search what inspires you and if you feel you need support, ask for it (as you did now ! :blush: ) but don't feel like you are not enough or you can't do it because I can assure you that you can do it. You got this girl!