Is there a device that is waterproof and also tracks heart rate all day?

I am curious if there is a device - Fitbit, Garmin, or one of the many others.. that will track my heart rate and calories burned all day, even if I am sitting still, as well as be waterproof for swimming laps?

There are so many options I don't know how to sift through them all without taking up hours...

Thanks for your help. :)

Replies

• rutzsa
    rutzsa Posts: 52 Member
    Garmin Vivosmart HR
  • dustman5889
    dustman5889 Posts: 6 Member
    The Garmin products are all waterproof up to 50+ meters, fitbit is not. If you want to swim laps and want your device to track indoor swimming, go with the Garmin Vivoactive HR.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    rutzsa wrote: »
    Garmin Vivosmart HR

Sigh. I have one of these and don't recommend it. Too many software issues right now. Also, it doesn't work well in water (or so I'm told). To track for swimming you will need to spend more and get one specific for swimming. Couple of the more expensive Garmins do it. The Vivoactive seems to have less issues than the Vivosmart.

One I'm thinking of now is the TomTom Spark Cardio. Someone here suggested it yesterday so I'm starting to look into it. Probably won't buy it until the new year though.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Apple Watch.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    edited November 2016
    just an FYI, but Heart rate is not an indicator of cals burned, except during steady state cardio. Knowing your HR when resting will not tell you how much you are burning during that time.

Is there a reason you want to know your HR all day during non-exercise activity?
  • azdesertdawg
    azdesertdawg Posts: 4 Member
    Garmin Vivoactive HR tinyurl.com/zrwrml8

MultiSport activity tracker. Has worked perfect for me pool swimming laps, bike riding, running, hiking and walking. Garmin Connect software is easy to use and very informative. It links to MFP to sync your nutrition and to update exercise.
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    I believe that the Fitbit Charge HR 2 is waterproof for swimming. The first generation IS NOT, however.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    I believe that the Fitbit Charge HR 2 is waterproof for swimming. The first generation IS NOT, however.

Nope. Still just water resistant. So splash proof, not good for swimming.
    https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Is-Charge-2-Waterproof/td-p/1535735
  • jesswhiting1031
    jesswhiting1031 Posts: 3 Member
    Garmin Forerunner 735XT
    Its expensive but I love it!
  • ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    I use the Samsung Fit 2, taken it swimming a few times and it has no issues. It's not a diving watch by any means, but if you're not going under 5-10 feet I believe it is fine.