New to MFP

Options
Hi
I'm totally new on here and am just learning the ropes (so to speak).

I need to lose between 40 & 50lbs which seems an awfully long way off!!!!

Hopefully with the aid of this site and lots of willpower I will achieve my dream.

Due to health problems I am unable to excercise so I am reliant on diet only......any tips gratefully received.

Replies

• jennyrowell
    jennyrowell Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You have made the first step!! Set small goals: -2 pounds,-5 pounds,-10 pounds.. Sometimes looking at the total amount is overwhelming!! Just be honest with yourself,stay consistent, and enjoy!!! You can do this!!! Good Luck!!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Are you able to walk? If so, just walking will help! But eating healthy and eating less calories can help you lose weight!
  • jparsons27
    jparsons27 Posts: 61
    Options
    So glad you are here! I am doing minimal exercise right now (walking and some swimming) and slowly but surely the weight is coming off :)
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi and welcome
    this is an awesome place to be for you because, tracking and staying within your calorie
    limits is going to be more important than ever without exercise, but if that's how you
    set your profile up here, the calories that they gave you are non exercising calories, so \that's what you should lose not exercising
    if you stay within those calories!

I wish you alot of luck on your journey, you CAN do this! :flowerforyou:
    Feel free to add me if you want! :smile:
  • carolyndowdy
    carolyndowdy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. I have been trying for three years for a place to find support. This really helps. I have only been on here about 4 days but it is helping me.