Vegan Diet

Options
Hi,

I am thinking to making a change and go vegan. I am currently eating meat no more than 2 or 3 times a week, very few dairies and such.
My question goes to the vegans out there, how does this diet impact your energy level through the day and if you feel more tired after a workout.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for about ten years -- as long as you're meeting your nutritional needs (protein, fat, calories), your energy should be the same on a diet without animal products. Personally, I didn't notice any change in my energy level after going vegan and I feel the same after workouts as I did before.
  • TishTash1616
    TishTash1616 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan for five months now, and before that I spent a couple of months transitioning from being omnivorous (learned new recipes, how to make things I enjoy but in a vegan version, cutting out animal products bit by bit).

I've actually noticed that my energy levels have been a lot more stable since changing my diet. Before, I would get tired during the day, after meals or sometimes after exercising. Now, unless I'm ill, my energy levels are fine.

I don't think that this is only down to the lack of animal products, but also to the increase my attention to the nutrients I am getting, and the wider variety of foods that I eat.