What's for lunch?

Options
Favorite lunch ideas ??

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    My Favorite is a 16-20 ounce Rib Eye on a Onion burger with Blue cheese and horse radish will be having another tomorrow8k6xxu7tpvdz.jpg
    o7zmxwvgt49j.jpg
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I just found this I might try today: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/tuna_patties/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I usually cook extra for dinner and take leftovers for lunch...if not, I usually have a sandwich.
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I like to pack chunky salads ( as opposed to leafy salads) with chick peas, grilled temphe, red peppers, carrots, broccoli, feta cheese, avocado and sunflower seeds. The ingredients vary but I always eat some version of that and rarely get sick of it :)
  • kelhea
    kelhea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Today (this whole weeks lunches really) is a sesame shrimp stir fry with lots of veggies! so good :)
  • browneyes1520
    browneyes1520 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    All this week is sausage and apple stuffed acorn squash. Delicious!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Leftovers. Today it was grilled pork tenderloin, roasted broccoli and fried apples.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I've been having wraps for lunch. I use shredded chicken or turkey with hummus or reduced fat honey mustard in a flatout wrap. Lots of protein! Keeps me full till dinner.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I did something rare -- went out for lunch. Had a falafel pita and french fries -- it was delicious!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Today was a roasted vegetable/chicken thigh soup. I blended the roasted onion and celery into the broth. It's so good.
  • jaspannu
    jaspannu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of watermelon and half cup of pomegranate
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Homemade meatball sub with yogurt
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Leftover green chile stew topped with some cheese and a tortilla...
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I like a big (... biiiiiiig) salad with lean protein and yogurt dressing or a turkey-and-cheddar sandwich (I use sandwich thins, but more because I don't like bready sandwiches than for the calorie cut) with raw veggies. I get bored with those every couple of months and might cook a big dinner for leftovers for a few days or mix up some egg- or tuna-salad to have in a wrap, but I always return to the salad/sandwich thing pretty quickly.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Today I'm having tempeh and kale stew topped with homemade hot sauce, jalapeno peppers, and some non-dairy feta.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Leftovers again for me today. This time it was a chili w cornbread.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Today I had a salad of mixed greens and tomatoes (I meant to have avocado, too, but forgot to put it in this morning) with tuna and avocado-cilantro dressing, side of strawberries.
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I like sandwiches, smoothies, or kimchi fried rice. Sometimes I eat what the Drag Queens on Rupaul's Drag Race have on the lunch date: two tic tacs, three if I am super hungry.
  • hannahvillarreal96
    Options
    Today I'm having tempeh and kale stew topped with homemade hot sauce, jalapeno peppers, and some non-dairy feta.
    Where do you get your non dairy feta? How's the protein?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Today I'm having a tasty salad of fresh fall veggies and fruit from my garden. Mixed greens with scallions, sugar snap peas, chopped pear, leftover pork tenderloin from dinner last night and a boiled egg. Dressing is pear puree, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and fresh herbs.