seems like I lost motivation

Options
Well I have been on fitness pal for a couple of years. For the last few months I have lost motivation. Getting to the gym gets harder and harder. Most days dont even get there. Also I have been working from home more and the kitchen always screams my name! Any suggestions?

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Maybe change things up. Find a new activity whether at the gym or elsewhere.

Working from home would be hard but I'd just schedule your breaks and lunch as if you were at the office and stick with it. Not easy, I know, but remind yourself how much better you'll feel at the end of the day is you stay on plan.
  • swheeler0602
    swheeler0602 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you fall under this category but I've started a new group for women under 35 and over 200 lbs. If you'd like to join, let me know and I'll send you an invite.

Good luck on your journey, wherever it may take you.
  • librarygoddess2
    librarygoddess2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Do you have a library or something within walking distance? Perhaps you can work from there instead so you don't have such easy access to the kitchen?
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    This whole 'journey' of losing weight and gym work can get a little tiring. Perhap after a long period you may feel a little fatigued and somewhat Meh about percieved restictions on your food, lifestyle and the time you are devoting to what may now be a stale routine.

It takes quite a while to lose weight and a lifetime of ever changing goals and exploring new things with fitness so try not to feel like you are alone nor that this 'bogged' down sense will remain forever.

Maybe consider having a break from 'dieting' and eat at maintainence for a while. In regards to the Gym, be Ok about not going for a while and look at continuing your exercise through other means....walking, hiking, swimming amybe even enter a competition... anything that takes your fancy, I'm assuming you are in the Northern Hemisphere so summer is approaching and being out in the fresh air is often uplifting.