sooooooooooooo disapointed !!

Options
ok so i took some pictures of myself this morning and was comparing them to some pictures I had taken back in March. well to my grand disapointment I see really no difference. not sure what i need to do to shake things up or something but i need to do something to get out of this rut ! i think i have lost close to 10 pounds maybe since the earlier pics just not sure what else to do ??????

Replies

• CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Just keep Bringin it. Keep making the right decisions at the time. WOrk hard and reults will follow. Remember what we are doing is not just about a number on a scale or a look in a photo .....It is about being fit and being healthy. The other things are just by products of doing the fit and healthy thing!!!

Focus on the BIG picture. Your Family, Your life and your future. All those thing cannot be measured on a scale and in a photo!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    We are our own worst critic, my friend. I think the sam thing all the time, but then I'll run into someone I haven't seen in a while and they'll comment on how great I look. Maybe they're just being nice, but it happens enough that I must just not see the changes myself.

Trust in the process. :flowerforyou:
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I know for me personally when I look at pictures or in the mirror I don't see the changes that everyone else says they see. I think we are the hardest on ourselves. I know you have been doing a super job of eating healthy and getting your workouts in, so maybe changing your routine up might be what you need to do. I noticed you are super close to your goal, and that could be another reason you don't see the differences.

Are you lifting to bulk up or to tone? 7-8 reps at heavy weight for bulking or 12-15 at light weight for toning. I know that sound like a funny question, but you might need heavier weights. Feel free to msg me if you'd like and we can see what we can figure out for you.

Beverly
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    www.beachbodycoach.com/ NUKEHIKER
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    did you take any measurements? those may be a better indicator of your success!
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'll bet clothes fit better, things jiggle less, and you feel better and if you were to take blood sugar numbers and cholesterol and blood pressure numbers those would all be improved too.

We are all so focused on what we are looking like on the outside for vanity's sake rarely do we care that the small changes made big differences on things on the inside.

Maybe you lost fat around your internal organs making you a healthier person.

I only mention this because I am still not at my goal weight but as of now I am qualified to be taking less medication and better lower premium life insurance thanks to small changes.

If you have kids be thankful you will be around all that much longer to be with them and love them or "torture" them if they are teenagers and they think they are too cool for you.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you probably see the inner you are a big guy, the outer you I'm sure it shine, you just don't see it yet, post the pictures my friend and let us comment on them...
    don't get discouraged, I'm sure you look great

hugs:flowerforyou:
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    bear here ya go !

P.S.

you have to close the gap for it to work...lol myfitnesspal wont let me post the hole link since they think I'm advertising something....lol
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Linkey no workey.
    bear here ya go !

P.S.

you have to close the gap for it to work...lol myfitnesspal wont let me post the hole link since they think I'm advertising something....lol
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Delete the space before the N to see the page.

Yeah, it doesn't show much difference, but one of the things that the overweight you probably did is always suck in the gut. So, your initial pictures are not reflecting the March you but is the March you with a sucked in gutt. Now in the pictures, you are probably more comfortable to exhal in a picture, LOL!