I'm done dieting and counting calories

Options
I have made a big decision to stop dieting and counting calories. It seems if I just forget about my weight loss goals I lose weight, but the more I focus and obsess the more food I eat and the sooner I fall off the wagon. For example this summer I was 143lbs.. I started trying to get into 120s before my beach trip and continued to try after. Currently I'm at 160lbs

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    How about a different kind of goal - exercise more - or eat more veggies. At least you will be doing something healthy. Then maybe a year or so down the road you may be ready again.

How about a method that doesn't require calorie counting? Something like the No-S Diet: No seconds, no sweets, no snacks, except sometimes on days that begin with an "S" Saturday, Sunday & Special days. That's a lifestyle change too.

I've yo-yo'ed too. Total frustration.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    OK... not sure why you've come to a calorie counting site to not calorie count though?
  • momwifenurse021406
    Options
    I have actually been on my fitnesspal a long time. It's the only fitness/nutrition site I use and I enjoy the community
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have made a big decision to stop dieting and counting calories. It seems if I just forget about my weight loss goals I lose weight, but the more I focus and obsess the more food I eat and the sooner I fall off the wagon. For example this summer I was 143lbs.. I started trying to get into 120s before my beach trip and continued to try after. Currently I'm at 160lbs

What's plan b? You don't have to count calories to lose weight...but you do have to diet (i.e. take in less energy than you expend)

I don't log and haven't in a very long time....I'm just curious what your plan b is then...
  • Deborah271
    Deborah271 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My problem with the no more counting calories or being accountable for what i eat is that I don't have a shut off switch and if i don't follow some kind of food plan i eat compulsively. I vowed that from here on in i will not restrict certain food groups no more because i believe this causes the binge effect when we deprive ourselves, i will however log every bite of good, there's an old saying in WW, if you bite it, write it. I'm looking forward to one day being on maintenance and getting a few more calories, problem with me is I love food, wishing you all the best though, everyone needs to do what works for them, for me i need to be held accountable.
  • xDesertxRatx
    xDesertxRatx Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't count either and same as you i find the social side of this site good and use other UA apps that link here. Still try to eat helthy as i can and got some good recipe ideas from here.